Financial Reporting, AVP
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
The candidate is required to prepare and review of regulatory reporting for banking entities. This role would require:
- Accurate interpretation of financial products;
- Implementation accounting standards - US GAAP and IFRS;
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements;
- Preparation and review of consolidated reports for head-office submission;
- Prepare inputs to be submitted for US regulatory reporting, etc.
- Ensure current and new accounting standards are appropriately understood, interpreted and implemented for Hong Kong banking entities
- Review financial/MIS reports to ensure compliance with accounting standards with ability to analyze financial results
- Oversee and ensure efficient progress of existing projects
- Enhance control and efficiency in process flows
- Participate in new product reviews to ensure appropriate inclusion in accounting and reporting while being proactive to identify impact to key ratios and regulatory reporting
- Liaise with regulators, auditors, business units and support groups to handle any issues, etc.
- Qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification;
- At least 6-8 years' experience in financial institutions / big 4 audit firms, with significant time in regulatory reporting;
- Practical working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP required
- Practical working knowledge of banking and fixed income related products, viz., loans, deposits, bonds, currency and interest rate derivatives, incl. complex derivatives and structured products.
- Regional and global reporting experience preferred, etc.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and Oracle/SAP experiences preferred;
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team environment under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to identify areas of improvement / bringing efficiency and working with the team on them;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables;
- Attention to detail - "flawless at the basics";
- Mindset of continuous improvement to develop and progress;
- Good knowledge of MS-Excel skills, etc.