Fixed Income Analyst
- Support the Fixed Income Advisors in their day to day sales and advisory tasks, including the preparation of new issue & tactical idea emails, everyday market updates, presentation materials, maintenance of bond list databases & issuer profiles, sending of weekly bond lists and bond redemption ideas for maturing bonds and any such tasks that would assist the Advisors in their sales and advisory activities.
- Inform RMs/IC about redemption outlook/forecast and our re-investment proposal and advise them on fixed income market flows and opportunities through regular meetings.
- Provide management with monitoring metrics on the number of bond redemption in different maturity buckets, underlying volume of the redemptions, and number of re-investment proposals and underlying volume of re-investment proposals.
- Provide internal Credit Suisse clients such as Investment Consultants (IC), Relationship Managers (RM), and Portfolio Managers (PM) with broad advice in Fixed Income Products.
- Provide direct advisory services for clients through DAC (direct access clients) service.
- Demonstrate skills on bond recommendations from in-house research so as to distribute investment ideas where we focus on liquidity, credit and duration strategy.
- Source for illiquid Asian and EM domestic currency bonds.
- Provide market intelligence and update on new issues during the book-building process.
- To be on top of the market related news and new bond issues so as to provide timely and accurate information to the clients.
- Advise RMs, fund managers, portfolio managers and investment consultants in their fixed income investment decisions.
- Provide a high quality of service to clients in order to assist the RM team deliver the revenue targets in alignment with the business objectives
- Coordinate with external intermediaries for trading ideas, research and building positive relationships.
- Ensure that all compliance and legal guidelines are adhered to
- Maintain a symbiotic relationship with relationship teams, by assisting them to enhance business, by dealing with them in a transparent manner on pricing of products and offerings
- Proactively seek out customer responses on the quality of product and service on a regular basis
- Sending out new issues, tactical ideas and daily market updates for the fixed income team
- Actively provision bond redemption outlook and reinvestment proposals along with their maintenance of related lists, database and updating of issuer profiles
- Dynamic, professional and active advisory on fixed income products for internal Credit Suisse clients
Sales and Marketing
- Liaising with RMs and IC-Sales to provide information and knowledge about markets. Building relationships with execution agents, brokers, market makers, both external and within CS Group, to ensure the best service for bonds
- Dedicated to helping RMs in solving problems in queries, investment options, client calls, etc.
Market Intelligence and Knowledge Building
- Committed to keeping yourself abreast with the latest developments in the financial markets at all times
- Gathering and sharing intelligence on markets, products, clients, competitors, etc. to improve the competitive advantage
- Adhering to the internal policies & regulatory requirements where applicable
- Keeping the concerned authorities (internal & external) informed of potential violation of legal and compliance regulations, Credit Risk Management issues, etc, to ensure smooth functioning of various processes
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing of new/modified systems being introduced by the IT team and providing them feedback on the efficiency
- Participating in Disaster Recovery Planning exercise of the bank
Communications & working relationships
- Both structured and informal reviews with Head TS Fixed income HK head and TS Head APAC
- Continuous liaising with RM teams, IC-Sales, Operations, other desks in TS, external counterparts, for functional efficiency
- Open communication through team meetings
- Relevant University or Graduate Degree with a sharp analytical mind and problem solving skills.
- Ideally 3+ years of connected similar experience with a Credit Rating Agency, Investment Bank, Private Bank or Asset Manager. CFA, FRM, CAIA holders preferred
- Build strong and positive relationships with business partners of all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal Communication skills in English along with Cantonese (mandatory) and Mandarin (advantageous) given the market focus.
- Integer and ethical colleague who adheres to all relevant internal policies & HKMA requirements.
- Proficiency in advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills. Ideally combined with knowledge on VBA and SQL too.
- Improving, building and leading change in all aspects of the job and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Motivated, engaging, service oriented, flexible and an outstanding collaborator with a dedication to supporting clients
- You are ambitious, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards