We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Who we’re looking for
An experienced analyst who will work with the Asian Fixed Income team, primarily responsible for developing core quantitative and analytical capabilities for conducting market research and portfolio management supports to Asian credits. This person will over time aim to develop in-depth fixed income market knowledge and contribute to actionable investment ideas to the team.
We’re close to our clients, in the heart of Hong Kong’s financial centre at Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain quantitative and analytical tools to support market research, using advanced quantitative techniques.
- Applying quantitative model output to analyse and generate investment ideas over time
- Develop, document and test specific trade ideas for portfolios
- Apply quantitative methods to undertake thematic and sector research in credit markets
- Participate in investment meetings in Asian fixed income, and discuss and contributes market views over time
- Participate in investment discussions with the credit teams in other regions to assist investment idea communication across different regions
- Develop methods of analysing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
- Provide analytical supports to Asian fixed income portfolios
- Assist in developing model portfolios for potential clients
- Develop quantitative tools to enhance and support portfolio managers, using advanced quantitative techniques.
- Implement investment strategy at portfolio levels
- Support portfolio management administration and execution
- Research or develop analytical tools to address issues such as portfolio construction or optimization, performance measurement, attribution, profit and loss measurement, risk analytics or pricing models.
- Apply innovative techniques to address future need in portfolio management
- Support Investment and Product function on presentations, enquiries and reports for existing/potential clients and consultants
- Collaborate with Data Insight team and other internal units on fixed income related projects and other strategic initiatives
- Liaise with infrastructure team to enhance research and portfolio system efficiency
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you’ll need
- At least 3 years of working experience in quantitative finance with strong preference for candidates with exposures credit or equity markets
- Strong understanding of fixed income instruments and portfolio construction process
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Bachelor degree in computer science, quantitative finance and relevant related fields; CFA or advanced degrees preferred.
- Computer skills and work experiences in Python, VBA, Bloomberg, WIND, Tableau, and Capital IQ
What you’ll be like
- Keen interest in global financial markets with objective to develop career in investment management, particularly in emerging markets
- Strong interests in ESG issues
- Excellent analytical and reasoning ability
- Enjoys working in a team environment as well as multiple locations
- Capable of leading projects independently
- Desire to learn and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technology mind-set and able to integrate new developments into work processes