Fixed Income Division (FID), Cross-Desk Strategist (Strat), Senior Associate or Vice President (based in HKG)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Cross-FID strategists are a growing, business-aligned team that focus on real-time pricing and risk tools for traders and salespeople in the Fixed Income Division.
This global, team uses a combination of modern technology and quantitative techniques to provide business-critical portfolio and market analysis.
Our main platform has a HTML5/Angular.js front end, and runs analytics and visualizations over data streamed from our kdb+ infrastructure and other internal systems.
The Fixed Income Strategists Group is looking to hire a highly motivated, technical individual with significant experience in the front office.
Based in the Firm’s regional headquarters in Hong Kong, this Cross-Desk Strategist (Strat), at Senior Associate or Vice President level, will:
- Partner closely with traders, salespeople, fellow strategists and IT groups to deliver solutions that benefit the Fixed Income business
- Deliver innovative multi-tier business-critical solutions
- Analyze data to dig into business problems and to create visualizations that enable users to gain business insights
- Build tools and analytics to help price deals, analyze risk and identify market opportunities
- Be seated on the trading floor and therefore should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, multitasking, and prioritizing accordingly
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Commercial experience and knowledge of C++, Java or Scala
- Knowledge of Python and/or Q/KDB+ would be advantageous
- Proven work experience in a fast-paced financial trading floor environment
- Successful track record of delivering innovative multi-tier business-critical solutions
- Time series analysis and machine learning experience would be advantageous
- Solid experience in both Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of fixed income products is not required, though candidates must demonstrate ability and desire to learn