Fixed Income Division, Korea Structuring, Associate / Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
See job description for details
I. MORGAN STANLEY ( http://www.morganstanley.com/ )
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
II. SALES AND TRADING ( http://www.morganstanley.com/what-we-do/sales-and-trading )
Sales and Trading consists of Institutional Equity and Fixed Income.
Within Fixed Income there are four key areas including Commodities, Macro Products, Global Credit Products and Distribution.
Commodities - Morgan Stanley is a market leader in the Commodities sector, providing risk management, investor products, financing solutions and liquidity across commodities markets including oil, metals, power and natural gas. With knowledge of both the financial and physical aspects of commodities, we are execution specialists, salespeople, market analysts and originators.
Macro Products - Morgan Stanley is a global dealer in interest rate and currency products, including interest rate cash and derivatives providing primary and secondary liquidity, foreign exchange options for institutions and family offices, and the development of sophisticated investment and trading strategies for emerging-markets sovereign countries.
Global Credit Products - Morgan Stanley trades all fixed-income assets with embedded credit in a variety of areas, from municipal securities, to investment-grade and high-yield bond and credit derivatives trading. In addition, Morgan Stanley structures, underwrites and trades the full range of collateralized securities, including those backed by residential and commercial mortgages, in both the cash and derivatives markets.
Distribution - Our global sales function connects Morgan Stanley’s resources with our institutional clients, such as banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, money managers, pension funds and mutual funds. Sales executives help institutional clients to achieve their particular investment objectives, providing them not only with product expertise but also with access to all areas of the firm.
Asia Fixed Income Division is currently seeking a Hong Kong-based Fixed Income Structuring Associate / Vice President to support the Korea business.
- Develop, design, price and promote bespoke and innovative interest rates, FX and credit derivatives and structured products with a focus on the Firm’s Institutional clients (financial institutions such as banks, insurers, asset managers, private banks, pension funds, sovereign funds and hedge funds) in Korea
- Customize products and solutions tailored to clients’ specific appetite for risk and in alignment with the Firm’s ongoing client-centric service delivery, as well as applicable policies, rules and regulations
- Ability to think laterally, logically and problem solving
- Bachelor or Master’s degree holder in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or Financial Engineering preferred
- Strong knowledge of fixed income derivatives
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience with a leading international financial institution
- Native or professional proficiency in English and Korean necessary
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Python and VBA
- Quick learner with a structured mind-set and accountability
- Strong work ethic