Fixed Income Manager
- Proactively advising Relationship Managers (RMs) and Investment Consultants (ICs) located in the HK office around all things Fixed Income (e.g. market updates, new issue information, Fixed Income campaigns etc.)
- Building and covering a portfolio of Fixed Income clients through DAC (direct access clients) and advise them on any new issues, secondary trades, switch proposals etc.
- Developing trade, redemption and switch ideas for all internal and external clients. This includes the facilitation of individual credit due diligence and maintaining of our open trade ideas lists.
- Collaborating with our inhouse Fixed Income Research department in APAC to promote house/sector/credit views. You will be expected to take front-to-back responsibility on all our trade/investment calls.
- Sourcing for illiquid Asian and EM domestic currency bonds.
- Providing market intelligence and market update on new issues during the book-building process.
- To keep abreast of market related news and new bond issues so as to provide timely and accurate information to the clients.
- Advising RMs, fund managers, portfolio managers and investment consultants in their fixed income investment decisions.
- Providing a high quality of service to clients in order to assist the RM team deliver the revenue targets in alignment with the business objectives;
- Liaising with external intermediaries for trading ideas, research and building relationships.
- Ensuring that all compliance and legal guidelines are adhered to
- Maintaining a symbiotic relationship with relationship teams, by supporting their efforts to enhance business, by dealing with them in a transparent manner on pricing of products and offerings;
- Proactively seek out customer feedback on the quality of product and service on a regular basis
You Offer Duties/Responsibilities
- Sending out new issues, tactical ideas and daily market updates for the fixed income team
- Active provision of bond redemption outlook and reinvestment proposals
- Maintaining of bond lists, database and updating of issuer profiles
- Dynamic, professional and active advisory on fixed income products for internal Credit Suisse clients
Sales and Marketing
- Liaising continuously with RMs and IC-Sales and provide them with information and knowledge about markets;
- Building positive relationships with execution agents, brokers, market makers, both external and within CS Group, to ensure the best service for bonds
- Helping RMs in solving problems in queries, investment options, client calls, etc.
Execution and Reporting
Market Intelligence and Knowledge Building
- Keeping self abreast with the latest developments in the financial markets at all times
- Gathering and sharing intelligence on markets, products, clients, competitors, etc, to improve the competitive advantage of the bank
- Adhering to relevant internal policies & regulatory requirements where applicable;
- Keeping the concerned authorities (internal & external) informed of potential violation of legal and compliance regulations, Credit Risk Management issues, etc, to ensure smooth functioning of various processes
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing of new/modified systems being introduced by the IT team and providing them feedback on the efficiency
- Participating in Disaster Recovery Planning exercise of the Bank
Communications & working relationships
- Both structured and informal reviews with Head TS Fixed income HK head and TS Head APAC
- Continuous liaising with RM teams, IC-Sales, Operations, other desks in TS, external counterparts, for functional efficiency
- Open communication through team meetings
- Outstanding English communication skills (oral and written) with Cantonese mandatory and Mandarin advantageous given the market focus
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Results-oriented, dedicated who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards