Fixed Income Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- Proactively advising Relationship Managers (RMs) and Investment Consultants (ICs) located in the HK office around all things Fixed Income (e.g. market updates, new issue information, Fixed Income campaigns etc.)
- Building and covering a portfolio of Fixed Income clients through DAC (direct access clients) and advise them on any new issues, secondary trades, switch proposals etc.
- Developing trade, redemption and switch ideas for all internal and external clients. This includes the facilitation of individual credit due diligence and maintaining of our open trade ideas lists.
- Collaborating with our inhouse Fixed Income Research department in APAC to promote house/sector/credit views. You will be expected to take front-to-back responsibility on all our trade/investment calls.
- Sourcing for illiquid Asian and EM domestic currency bonds.
- Providing market intelligence and market update on new issues during the book-building process.
- To keep abreast of market related news and new bond issues so as to provide timely and accurate information to the clients.
- Advising RMs, fund managers, portfolio managers and investment consultants in their fixed income investment decisions.
- Providing a high quality of service to clients in order to assist the RM team deliver the revenue targets in alignment with the business objectives;
- Liaising with external intermediaries for trading ideas, research and building relationships.
- Ensuring that all compliance and legal guidelines are adhered to
- Maintaining a symbiotic relationship with relationship teams, by supporting their efforts to enhance business, by dealing with them in a transparent manner on pricing of products and offerings;
- Proactively seek out customer feedback on the quality of product and service on a regular basis.
- Sending out new issues, tactical ideas and daily market updates for the fixed income team
- Active provision of bond redemption outlook and reinvestment proposals
- Maintaining of bond lists, database and updating of issuer profiles
- Dynamic, professional and active advisory on fixed income products for internal Credit Suisse clients
Sales and Marketing
- Liaising continuously with RMs and IC-Sales and provide them with information and knowledge about markets;
- Building positive relationships with execution agents, brokers, market makers, both external and within CS Group, to ensure the best service for bonds
- Helping RMs in solving problems in queries, investment options, client calls, etc.
Market Intelligence and Knowledge Building
- Keeping self abreast with the latest developments in the financial markets at all times
- Gathering and sharing intelligence on markets, products, clients, competitors, etc, to improve the competitive advantage of the bank
- Adhering to relevant internal policies & regulatory requirements where applicable;
- Keeping the concerned authorities (internal & external) informed of potential violation of legal and compliance regulations, Credit Risk Management issues, etc, to ensure smooth functioning of various processes
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing of new/modified systems being introduced by the IT team and providing them feedback on the efficiency
- Participating in Disaster Recovery Planning exercise of the Bank
Communications & working relationships
Outstanding English communication skills (oral and written) with Cantonese mandatory and Mandarin advantageous given the market focus Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills Results-oriented, dedicated who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Both structured and informal reviews with Head TS Fixed income HK head and TS Head APAC
- Continuous liaising with RM teams, IC-Sales, Operations, other desks in TS, external counterparts, for functional efficiency
- Open communication through team meetings
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.