Our client is a leading international financial market participant looking for a strong fixed income specialist to support the sales team in the pricing and analytics team. This role will join and support a growing team across North Asia.
The Product Specialist for Fixed Income provides professional, detailed, customer-focused support to position our client in providing pricing and analytics solutions to the buy side, sell side and other financial institutions within APAC.
The product specialist is expected to become a technical expert in Pricing and Analytics product offerings and to act as a consultant to the Sales organisation as well as other internal and external groups. Customer meetings, technical discussions and presentations to clients will all be an integral part of the role, as well as interacting with customer and partner development teams on technical aspects of the solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role’s core responsibilities center around the technical support of the opportunity pipelines including:
- Engaging with clients to give in-depth details on product methodology and available solution are offering, with a focus on the fixed income.
- Working with sales to qualify opportunities and discuss value-added solutions to enhance our clients’ business
- Proposal and presentation of fixed income data solution.
- Support any trial and proof-of-concept efforts to help a prospect through the evaluation phase.
- Maintain clear record of activity, track and report progress when needed.
- Respond to technical client queries in a prompt and informative matter; lead or attend client calls/meetings as needed.
- Provide critical feedback to product management on product enhancements
- Market and Product Training internally from time to time.
- Being a self-learner and keeping-up-to-date with products & solutions offered by our client.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum five years of experience at financial institutions with a fixed income focus.
- Excellent understanding of fixed income markets and related terminology.
- Understanding of regulatory developments and their application to data requirements.
- Experience within market data is beneficial but not a requirement
- Fluent in English and Chinese a strong plus, knowledge of any other Asian languages is an advantage
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work is essential
- Confident and professional communicator, both written and in front of an audience
- Logical and methodical at trouble-shooting
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise under pressure, while maintaining high quality output and meeting deadlines
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Programming experience at some level in Java, Python, SQL, VBA is desirable