Front Office Developer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 23 Oct 18
Front Office Developer
Analyst / Associate - Front Office Developer
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world. GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
As part of the Front Office IT department the Equity Derivatives Development team is in charge of developing and supporting web applications and services used daily by the equity derivatives traders.
Part of its digital transformation strategy, Société Générale is looking to grow the number of web applications and services available to both internal users and clients.
Société Générale is also exploring new ways to interact using natural language processing.The Equity derivatives technology department is now offering an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic development team knowledgeable in both technology and finance.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in designing and building modern web applications using UI/UX best practices and applying algorithms.
- Work on applications designs and present them to IT and clients
- Develop web applications & tools for internal users and clients
- Develop web services to increase API offer to clients
- Liaise with Digital Transformation team based in the head quarter
- Coach development teams about UI/UX best practices
- This role requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in designing and building web applications. Knowledge in financial markets is not required.
- Solid experience in user experience and user interface design
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Solid experience with machine learning and natural language processing algorithms
- Knowledge of chat bots and search engines internals
- Tertiary education in Computer Science and Mathematics/Statistics preferred
- Strong analytical mind and ability to design simple solutions from complex problems
- Organized and good product design skills
- Proactive, innovative and passionate about technology
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with counterparts in both Hong Kong and head office
- Creative and innovative, strong team spirit, curious about new technologies and design trends