Front Office Trading Services and Product Analysis and Implementation Manager, APAC, SSGM - Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Front Office Trading Services ("FOTS") and Product Analysis and Implementation ("Product") Manager, APAC reports directly to the Global Head of FOTS and Product, and indirectly to the APAC Head of FX, covering the global markets business activities in the 7 APAC sites in which we operate. The role manages a critical production team while also executing a complex set of initiatives to deliver infrastructure and product to the Global Markets trading teams and their clients. The role must navigate, influence and drive outcomes for the business with key regional and global partners including Technology, Compliance, Legal, Operations, and Enterprise Risk Management. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Front Office Trading Services ("FOTS") and Product Analysis and Implementation ("Product") Manager, you will
- Manage the regional FOTS and product teams to effectively deliver on each team's mandate.
- For FOTS, which provide real time services to both electronic and voice trading desks, ensure teams are adequately trained to triage and prioritize their daily workload according to potential risk and client needs. Act as a point of escalation to assist and quickly resolve issues.
- Manage product teams and participate in regional and global initiatives to effectively deliver trading infrastructure and product.
- Partner with business leaders to establish strategies and initiatives, direct the successful implementation of strategies and projects.
- Build strong relationships with global and regional business partners ( i.e Legal, Compliance, Operations, IT, Finance etc.) and ensure they understand business needs to create robust and sustainable solutions.
- Understand and be able to articulate for our partners trading workflow, business impacts and risks associated with each trading group.
- Analyze and evaluate business and user needs, workflows to lead the team to design and create scalable solutions .
What we value
- Ensure proper resource allocation to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify and frame risks and issue and ensure their timely resolution or escalation.
- Provide analyses, management reporting and other support to our business leaders.
- Actively participate in industry associations and working group to help share regulatory interaction and industry change
- Staff Management and Development
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to build, develop and maintain a diverse and motivated team
- Ability to develop teams to increase skills, competencies, ownership and accountability
- Experience running multiple teams, initiatives and priorities concurrently
About State Street What we do.
- Undergraduate required with post-graduate in a business area helpful
- 15+ years working with or in a Trading environment with a solid knowledge of trading products, risks, and workflow
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers