Frontend Developer-Digital Solutions_HK
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Ltd
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Frontend Developer-Digital Solutions_HK
PwC - Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau
PwC China, Hong Kong and Macau work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around 600 partners and 15,000 people in total.
We provide organisations with the professional service they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Shenyang, Dalian, Tianjin, Jinan, Qingdao, Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Wuhan, Changsha, Xi'an, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Macau.
About Internal Firm Services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Our Internal Firm Services (IFS) is a network of specialist support professionals who play a vital role in ensuring we have all the right resources, services and technology. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents as part of IFS and as such are a part of an organisation on a par with many of our external clients.
Our teams in IFS include: Administration, Branded Merchandise, Business Development, Finance, Global PwC Experience, Global Technology Solutions, Human Resources, Marketing & Communications, Office of General Counsel, Research, and Senior Partner Office.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The developer role is a flexible, enthusiastic problem-solver, with primary responsibility for coding. You will also be required to work on ideation, conceptual development, architecture design, and implementation. The role requires a specialist with a desire to diversify and tackle complex problems quickly.
The team you will work with is a mix of data science, engineering and other professionals and expects everyone involved to fix problems and address challenges of every kind.
You will work with our product technical teams to support both the initial stages of the product lifecycle on PwC cloud environment, and later stages of maturity including deployment and maintenance on our clients' multi-cloud environments.
Tasks would include the following:
- Convert business requirements and design mock-ups into software;
- Create prototypes and demos;
- Create production software;
- Work with other developers and also business focused team members.
Reporting structure & key relationships
The role will operate within an agile team that forms on a per-project basis. The teams ultimately report to the Chief Technology and Disruption officer.
- 4-8 years development experience (in a business context);
- Experience working with APIs (such as REST) and web sockets;
- Familiarity with agile design processes and principles;
- Mobile development;
- Unit, feature, integration, user acceptance testing (e.g. using cucumber);
- Familiar with modern source control and continuous integration (e.g. git/Jenkins);
- Excellent English and Mandarin written and spoken skills. Cantonese is a plus.
- Computer Science or comparable undergraduate degree or equivalent developer training;
- Backend development experience;
- Experience in direct Blockchain, AI or related applications;
- Flexibility to travel is preferred (estimated up to 25%).
Key personal attributes
In addition, candidates should illustrate the following personal attributes:
• Aspire to learn new skills;
• Mindset of understanding the real business needs, generating designs to satisfy current and future customer needs;
• Enjoy working on a diverse range of projects at all stages of product lifecycle;
• Enjoy researching new/unknown technologies, testing and developing new solutions;
• Enjoy working in a prototype and business-driven environment;
• Independent thinking and working plus an affinity for problem-solving;
• Acquires and applies commercial and technical expertise by staying up to date in industry and with market trends;
• Manages projects and economics efficiently; planning and performing work in accordance with client requirements and professional standards;
• Open minded, agile with change and practical;
• Committed to self-development and coaching of others for growth;
• Communicates with impact and empathy;
• Actively shares ideas and knowledge and is innovate;
• Demonstrates courage and integrity;
• Lead and contribute to team success;
• Is passionate about client service;
• Works hard to build and sustain relationships.