Full Stack Engineer
You will join the Front Office development team working for a leading Private Bank and Investment Banking franchise in the APAC region.
The IT team is a key partner to the business in APAC and has been a major contributor to its recent success. In order to benefit further from the growth potential in the region, additional funding has been allocated for us to grow further.
Our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant business engagement and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
Role Summary: Our team is seeking for an agile application developer who will work together with front office users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that: improve efficiency, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
- Work on challenging technical problems involving availability, scalability, performance, data provenance, complex data structures and large quantities of data
- Become a strategic part of our team by building positive relationships with the Front Office, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need
- Work collaboratively with other IT teams across Credit Suisse to design, develop and deliver innovative and high quality solutions for the business
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
- You hold a Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (preferred but not required)
- You have significant knowledge and experience with server-side JVM languages and exposure to more recent technologies relating to search, NoSQL and streaming messaging
- A real passion for Agile working practices and a strong desire to work with baked-in quality disciplines such as TDD, test automation, clean code and continuous integration
- Detail oriented with methodical technical focus and low tolerance for errors.
- You have the ability to deliver complex systems in a changing, fast paced environment
- Experience of leading IT professionals
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design
- Experience with full stack web frameworks being an additional benefit, with the ability to develop intuitive and robust UIs which improve the user experience
- You are ambitious, hardworking who can work on own initiative and deliver on time whilst also being a good teammate