Our client is a leading international fund administration firm who have had much success in the past year and are fast expanding. They are currently looking to bring on board a Fund Accounting VP, specialising in Private Equity to join their team in Hong Kong. The incumbent will be responsible for leading a team in providing a full suite of fund administration services to a portfolio of Private Equity clients.
- As the team leader you will use experience you have acquired in the past, your good listening skills, tailored coaching, and planning to help your team perform and grow.
- Directly supervise your AVPs who will take charge of a team of Fund Accountants in completing their work;
- Act as the central point of contact for your accounts, and be capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, accurately measure potential risks and business expansion, and offer suitable solutions to the client and satisfy their overall needs.
- Be in charge of all operational aspects of the account and the financial monitoring of the client portfolio (including client invoicing);
- Take charge of the coordination and validation of all work delivered by the team;
- Manage the relationships with other service providers in the industry, including auditors, law firms, and banks;
- Be involved in internal projects (e.g. product development, organisational improvements, technical improvements).
- Min 8 – 12 years of experience working in asset management (preferably in fund houses, fund administrators or Big 4);
- Several years of experience in Private Equity or Real Estate Fund Administration including NAV calculation, Transfer Agent and investor servicing, tax compliance among others;
- Fully qualified Accountant with experience in consolidation and IFRS;
- Possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative;
- Experience in leading teams/others;
- Ability to oversee delivery to ensure multiple (sometimes competing) deadlines are comfortably met;
- High level of IT literacy with strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of eFront and Yardi systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, the ability to prioritize tasks, and strong personal character