Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Fund and Client Operations Analyst is a member of Fund and Client Operations APAC Ex-Japan and will be based in Hong Kong office. Fund and Client Operations APAC Ex-Japan is part of the InvesTech Platform, and the team provides world-class operation support to investors and clients globally. Responsibilities of the division include a wide range of services such as:
- Investment Operations (Trade Operations, Corporate Actions and Reconciliation)
- Security Referential Data and Pricing
- Derivative Operations
- Investor Support (Performance, Cash Flow Management, Product Support)
- Initiating account record set up for new accounts and/or portfolios, reviewing and approving new accounts set up, facilitating proper use of internal trade restriction flags
- Client transition events, including new mandate funding, terminations, asset-in-kind flows, product/portfolio changes, and custodian changes
- Ensuring the timely delivery of account opening documentations, orchestrating custodial and market opening and connectivity both internally and externally.
- Operational risk management
- Experience in Fund operations is a plus
The Analyst will provide direct support for a variety of activities handled by Fund and Client Operations APAC Ex-Japan team. In addition, the Fund and Client Operations Analyst will be expected to play a significant role in the streamlining processes and enhancing workflow designed to support our global model, aligned with local market practice and requirement.
The following list of responsibilities further defines the responsibilities of the position:
- Interact with brokers and WMC personnel to perform trade reconciliation and to resolve trade discrepancies.
- Interact with custodian banks, clients, and WMC personnel to facilitate account opening, restructurings, closings and maintenance of internal reporting, compliance and other systems.
- Enter, track, and manage client cash flow requests.
- Monitor control reporting to help ensure accuracy, mitigate risk, and facilitate specialized processing requirements for client cash request.
- Review current and projected overdrafts on a daily basis and liaise internally to resolve.
- Provide support for Wellington Management Funds cross boarder fund related matters(dealing terms, cash flows, transfers, transitions).
- Work closely with the teams based in Boston and London to create, enhance, and implement efficient workflows, controls and procedures.
- Act as a local Fund and Client Operations representative for clients as well as internal departments such and other members within Client Group, Investment Management, Global Support team and Trading.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our client's banks. Identify opportunities and collaborate with these firms to enhance and align global operational needs and industry best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of Wellington Management, the culture, where resources reside, and how various functional groups operate to enhance operational support.
- Remain flexible with own job responsibilities and help define the evolving roles within the team.
Candidates will need to be highly knowledgeable of Investment Operations concepts and processes. They must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the downstream impact and implications in an Investment
Management setting. Given the scope of this role and the dealings with internal and external contacts, candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Other
- Bachelor's degree with 3 to 5 years relevant of industry experience
- An analytical thinker with a proactive approach to process improvement, learning, and problem identification/resolution.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to think and work independently as well as operate in a team with colleagues in multiple locations spanning several time zones.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Quick learner with ability to apply business and industry knowledge.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .