BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
The Chief Conduct and Control Office ("GM CCCO") is a transversal team within Global Markets ("GM") that is responsible for overseeing the main risks and controls, while ensuring the integrity and the sustainable development in GM's portfolio of activities. GM CCCO has a global mandate across all platforms, with teams located in Americas, EMEA and APAC.
Within the CCCO department, the GM Operational Permanent Control & TAC/NAC Coordination team ("GM OPC") serves as subject matter expert on the Front Office ('FO') supervision structure, operational risks' assessment, controls and governance. Sitting with the business and acting as the first line of defence ("1LOD"), GM OPC partners closely with FO senior management, COO, Compliance, IT & Operations and other control functions to strengthen GM operational processes. In particular, GM OPC in APAC is aiming to deliver:
(i) Protection: continuous advisory to FO as well as ad-hoc awareness & training sessions dedicated to 1LoD
(ii) Prevention & Risk Assessment: assessment, monitoring of the front-to-end control plan as well as definition of risk mitigation's action plan in collaboration with the support functions
(iii) Supervision: Governance structure with regular supervision forums with heads of business lines MISSION DESCRIPTION:
The GM OPC Officer will advise the business lines on Operational Risk Management, promote best practices, contribute to the delivery of an effective & efficient internal control framework, support business development initiatives while ensuring adequate governance as required by Regulators. The GM OPC Officer will contribute to the three following permanent control streams: (i) Protection
(ii) Prevention / Risk Assessment
- Strengthen FO to End control set up through the declaration, investigation, analysis of operational risk incidents
- Contribute to determine risk reduction actions & coordinate ad-hoc global remediation plans
- Drive the Métier in the answer, follow up and closure of any internal or external recommendation
- Materialize, maintain & improve the FO control plan
- Develop and manage operational risk monitoring measures and reporting (e.g. KRI, Risk Control Self-Assessment ('RCSA'), Conduct Risk Identification ('CRI'))
- Contribution to the rationalization, cleaning, efficiency of controls while reducing risks
- Conduct training and awareness sessions aiming to strengthen a risk mitigation culture.
- Validation process: Coordinate the internal validation of exceptional transactions, new activities, proprietary custom index or automated trading strategies; Provide advisory to FO and Functions on operational risk assessment throughout the validation process. Ensure adherence to the relevant policies & proper implementation of actions points.
- Coordinate and contribute to the internal control Governance forums and provide advisory on operational risk governance.
- The GM OPC Officer makes sure he/she complies with BNP Paribas Group and CIB methodologies, tools and standards and Code of Conduct.
TAC/NAC refers to "exceptional Transaction Approval Committee / New Activity Committee" MAIN REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven relevant operational risk, internal control, business risk, internal audit or Front Office experience
- Good general knowledge of Fixed Income (preferred) or Equity, Commodity products (cash and derivatives).
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English (additional language skills is appreciated)
- Demonstrate ability to identify key risk and contribute to the control framework for a wide variety of situations with the ability to act autonomously;
- Demonstrate ability to form and articulate an informed position through structured thinking, problem solving and prioritization;
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Familiarity with the regulatory landscape in APAC
- High Ethical standard