Global Liquidity Technology, Java/ WPF Developer, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Hands on development experience (and desire to be deeply technical)
- Solid understanding of multithreaded software design.
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- 3-5 years of Core Java middle tier development experience
- 3-5 years of experience using relational databases (oracle, sybase etc) (dynamic SQL, stored Procs, tuning for performance etc).
- Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles.
- Knowledge of GIT/Stash, Maven and other source control/build tools
Nice to Have Skills:
- Familiarity with open source libraries
- Experience working with .net frontend applications, and .net/java interoperability
- Experience with distributed computing infrastructures
- Experience with performance tuning and memory profiling
- Experience building/enhancing testing frameworks (unit, regression, integration, etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Fixed Income or Asset Management business is plus
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.