Background: Our client is a boutique Hedge Fund with SFC type 1,2,9, they are now looking for an research talent with extensive understanding in Global Macro to join their research team.
- Assist on conceiving implementing (along with other team members), and publish research on relevant economic and financial market issues within the assigned market.
- Assist the department head on communicating views on the regional and country economies and markets to clients and others within the firm
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Shanghai teams on broader thematic analysis and research
- Masters in economics (PHD candidate will have an advantage)
- Minimum 3 years of research experience.
- Strong knowledge on Global macro and financial data, deep understanding of oversea institutional and policy setting, and at least three years of work experience related to China economic research
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with economists across the Asia region as an integrated team member
- Excellent command of Mandarin is a must
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Able to adapt to changing market conditions by adjusting research focus appropriately and rapidly incorporating new information