Global Market KYC Manager, Assistant Vice President
- Market Rate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
SSGM Client Services Support – Client Onboarding & Maintenance (“CSS-COB”) is a team of client facing product specialists focused on internal and external client satisfaction through proactive support and ownership of Client Onboarding & Maintenance.
The CSS-COB team leads and manages the onboarding process and acts as a single point of contact and liaison throughout the entire onboarding cycle – from initial client lead to deal structuring, negotiation, legal documentation, stakeholder approval, account opening, and ongoing client servicing and interaction.
This position within CSS-COB supports Foreign Exchange, Agency Lending and Portfolio Solutions. The employee will be responsible for supporting senior team members and for performing team duties independently under the direction of the team manager.
Coordinate the activities associated with a client onboarding or modification events
Act in a project management capacity to:
- Interact with clients, sales people and account managers to develop a full understanding of client profile and requirements
- Interact with key clients as needed to enhance working relationships and gain better understanding of client needs
- Strong KYC/AML Knowledge
- Develop a clear understanding of how client profiles and requirements intersect with transaction systems
- Identify solutions for implementing client requirements relative to their participation in Global Markets products, with particular emphasis on Foreign Exchange
- Gather requisite data and documents from internal or external sources as appropriate; review and analyze data and documents to ensure accuracy; route requisite data and documents to appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure accuracy of client static data and account set up on transaction systems
- Drive all onboarding related workflow activities including the exchange of information and the gathering of approvals
- Track and monitor potential onboarding issues and delays escalating as necessary
Maintain strong working relationships and liaise with internal and external counterparts including Clients, Sales, Trading, Legal, Compliance, Middle Office, Operations, Technology and Business Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field
- 5-7 years prior finance industry experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong project/process management, and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- High comfort level with large volumes of data
- Very strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with financial markets.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills, that include the ability to build productive working relationships across teams and functions; and the ability to foster an environment of open communication; Ability to work collaboratively with other business units.
- Experience with advanced Excel functions and relational databases preferred
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and knowledge of technology testing cycles related to code release (e.g., unit testing, user acceptance testing, regression testing) preferred
- A good understanding of KYC/AML requirements.