Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Structured Credit Trading (SCT) desk is looking for a junior trader to join the team in Hong Kong focused on direct lending segment. The SCT desk at Goldman Sachs was established in 2001 as a global investing and trading business in structured finance. The team originates and makes markets on a variety of asset classes, structures bespoke financing solutions and focuses on opportunistic funding deployment and credit investing. SCT manages a wide range of macro risks as well as credit and funding risks of a structured and illiquid nature. Local teams in New York, London, Hong Kong and Dubai interact closely with Sales, Investment Banking and clients in order to identify sources of excess liquidity globally and then deploy it efficiently to counterparties in a variety of secured formats.
- Analyzing and executing trades and hedges for the desk
- Manage desk positions, including tracking P&L on a daily basis and reviewing risk reports
- Expected to become a key contributor on deal teams shortly after starting
- Coordinate closely with traders, salespeople, structurers, investment bankers and other groups
- Experience in dealing with financing across APAC special situations/Alternative investments and leverage loans
- An interest/experience in credit underwriting, lending, and understanding structured products
- Experience with financial modeling tools, credit investing, and strong intellectual curiosity
- Keen interest in the financial markets and good commercial instincts
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented with strong accounting, finance, modeling, and problem solving skills
- Strong quantitative, reasoning and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in small team setting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity