Global Markets Trading Risk and Controls, Price Risk Senior Specialist (SVP)
Citi Markets & Securities Services (MSS) is looking for a Global Markets Price Risk specialist. The successful candidate will have demonstrable prior experience, knowledge and understanding ofthe trading desk revenue calculation / reporting lifecycle from production of traders' revenue estimates to their validation against Finance (Product Control) generated actual revenue results. This experience should also include knowledge of independent price verification and market risk controls.
It is expected that the person in the role will be able to work autonomously, bringing forward ideas which will help Citi to apply industry leading practice with regards to Price Risk. They will also be expected to be organised, define requirements, benefits and targets as well as track progress and provide clear updates to their manager and other senior stakeholders. The role will assist with leading innovation and therefore the successful candidate must possess resilience, tenacity and have a desire and passion to succeed in a fast moving, dynamic and forward-looking environment.
This role is also a key member of a broader 1st Line Risk & Control function directly supporting MSS as one of the major businesses within the Institutional Clients Group.The MSS Risk & Control team is mandated to establish and maintain a robust 1st Line of Defence designed to minimize risk within the business including leading critical control remediation projects to mitigate risk in Trading, Financial Crimes and Conduct while ensuring strong governance to measure, monitor, manage and escalate key risks. Development Opportunity:
- Opportunity to widen your knowledge of the corporate banking industry
- Chance to build an exceptional global network of professionals across the business and trading desk, technology teams and 2nd line functions including Finance
- Long-term career path across geographies and business lines
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible work arrangements
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Articulate the trading risk and control strategy for APAC as well as be responsible for delivering aspects of global programs
- Work with key stakeholders to help define and implement consistent and integrated approaches to price risk use cases (e.g. revaluation and risk based attribution of P&L) across Business, Finance, and Risk
- Help to define and implement a consistent trade population set with key stakeholders. This will include consistent source, central scoping logic, and at consistent EOD cut-off times, used in the generation of consistent valuation and risk sensitivities
- Define new first line controls to improve data quality and other monitoring controls. This will include building out the governance and BAU monitoring activities
- Create actionable deliverables and drive the agenda forward
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Successful execution will require partnership across all Global Markets businesses and will include traders, CAOs and Business Management, Finance, FO and Finance Technology teams. It will also involve frequent interaction with Internal Audit
Job Family Group:
- Candidates must have demonstrable 10+ years' experience (ideally gained in either Product Control/ on a Trading Desk or within Internal Audit) in the P&L lifecycle for a large and complex global trading business and associated controls.
- Specific subject matter expertise in global markets traded products together with associated valuation, end of day controls, P&L and PAA calculation and reporting practices.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are vital.The candidate will need to draw on experience and will require the ability to clearly articulate principles and methodologies to a variety of audiences including senior internal stakeholders and to find creative solutions to issues as they arise.
- Ability to establish strong relationships to deliver a common vision and goal is a key skill
- Ability to articulate the strategic vision, its impact and influence others
- You will be a solutions driven professional, ideally with a strong track record in change/project management and the delivery of complex solutions
- Strong organizational leadership and influencing skills
- Strong financial, analytical, strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Inspire colleagues to work collaboratively to support learning and achieve superior results; leverage diverse styles and backgrounds to expand thinking, speed learning and improve effectiveness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and in tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting