Global Network Management Director (AVP)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Network Management's (GNM) core responsibilities include new market entry, selection and management of the Firm's external custody and settlement relationships, pre-investment support and provision of market information relevant to the business activity of the Firm and its clients.
The group has responsibility for the management of Morgan Stanley's custody, settlement and indirect clearing relationships across Global markets. The role is split into three key areas:
- Due diligence of outsourced custody providers
- Relationship management
- Risk/cost data management
The team operates as a Global unit with extensive communication between other Network Management colleagues in London, New York, Glasgow and Mumbai.
- University graduate, with suitable financial markets experience. 3-5 years of Operations experience within the Asia Pacific region would be an advantage
- Good understanding of operational and regulatory aspects of equity and fixed income markets, preferably with specific knowledge of the Asia Pacific Markets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly written communication
- Proactively demonstrates and supports teamwork & collaboration
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding spoken and written English, while other major Asian languages would be considered an advantage
- Ambitious and highly motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and with a minimum of supervision