Graduate UI/UX Designer
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions APAC
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
Graduate UI/UX Designer
The Role: User Experience Designer
The Designer has a knack for solving complex problems simply. They love abstractions as much as they know that the experience lies in the details. They are passionate architects of our digital world; designing for the people who live, experience and make the space their own, shaping culture and enabling a larger purpose.
You are a hybrid problem solver who is fluent in all aspects of sketching user experiences. You can conduct research, translate insights into ideas, storyboard the experience in context, model information and interactions and design how users visually experience it. But most importantly, you want to make this experience real. You pair up with strategists, design technologists and data scientists to demonstrate what it really feels like to interact with a product or service across multiple touchpoints. Beyond the basics, your toolkit might include After Effects, InVision, Arduino, or XCode. You are always seeking to learn new tools and technologies as well as to deepen your craft.
•Hands-on craftsmanship with the ability to be self-directed and provide creative vision within a cross disciplinary design team.
•Plan design research, from contextual inquiries to usability testing
•Storytelling to connect the dots of user needs, concepts, design principles and experience details, both within the team and outside.
•Collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams (strategy, engineering, data science and product management) to conceive and produce new experiences, products and services.
•Rapid iteration and prototyping to demonstrate interactive experiences across mediums, at times working closely with technologists and engineers to realize a vision.
•Design knowledge of emerging technologies, IoT, and data/analytics driven services that people want to come back to.
•Continually improve research and design processes to maximize creative potential.
Skills & Requirements
· Candidates with Degree specializing in Creative Media, Communication/ Multimedia Design, Marketing Advertising & Design, Interaction Design, psychology or other design related disciplines
· Candidates with relevant work experience of up to 12 months will also be considered
· A portfolio that includes examples of UI design, information visualization, and cross-platform product ecosystems that use data and analytics to customize and contextualize interactions with people
· Hybrid problem solving skills including research, interaction, visual, motion design and prototyping; conversant in front-end implementation
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Knowledge in Sketch, Adobe XD or any prototyping tools
· Basic programming skills will be an advantage for those in the IT function.
· Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
· Keen interest to pursue a long term career in the challenging Information Technology arena
· Should be a Bachelor's Degree holder who has graduated in 2017 and 2018
· Should be a Hong Kong Permanent Resident.
We regret to inform that we will are unable to hire IANG visa holders at this juncture.
Kindly take note all candidates must be open to attending interviews on Saturdays at our Sheung Wan office.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.