- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 10 Nov 17
HRBP, Wealth Management & Retail Banking (Business Banking)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The role holder will be the interface between business and HR and will be responsible for formulating and delivering the relevant HR agenda for Wealth Management and RB Business Banking, creating an effective, efficient organisation where maximising performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction. Partnering with relevant business heads, senior managers, functional partners and stakeholders, the role holder will drive and enable sustainable business performance. The role holder will need to manage people processes, ensuring levels of capabilities and performance are aligned with current and future business requirements and also deliver appropriate and relevant HR advice, ensuring that this is in line with the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the relevant senior managers, business heads, functional heads and stakeholder to drive and enable sustainable business performance.
- Create an effective, efficient organisation where maximising performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction in order to enhance capability and mitigate people-related risks.
- Develop an efficient, effective organisation, where maximising performance and engagement is central to all interactions in order to mitigate people-related risks and enhance capability.
- Ensure high performance and consistent deliver of the relevant people agendas across all WM and RB BB through building effective working relationships with relevant HR colleagues across the business.
- Manage people processes (performance, reward, resourcing and talent) to ensure levels of capabilities and performance satisfy current and future requirements of the business
- Formulate and deliver the relevant Country HR agenda for Wealth Management and Business Banking
- Ensure that the Country HR agenda is well aligned with the Global HR agenda for [product, segment or function]
- Deliver appropriate and relevant HR advice, ensuring that this is aligned to the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite.
- Develop the HR strategy and people priorities that enable sustainable performance and growth oacross the Country.
- Identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, processes and behaviours to drive the Country wide strategy
- Continuously review the relevant operating models to align these with the overall business strategy, using all available data to sasses effectiveness, demonstrating proactively in surfacing and securing resolution to points of misalignment
- Proactively form credible relationships to influence relevant decision-making
- Support, Engage with and coach relevant stakeholders in configuring and deploying people policies, processes and products processes to drive business performance and engagement
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to help drive global and/or business specific change initiatives with stakeholders and wider teams
- Drive and coordinating ad hoc projects and deliverables that relate to the [product, segment or function]'s ' people agenda
- Drive Country wide performance and measurement requirements to support business deliverables
- Lead Country People Forum, in line with business needs
- Collaborate with relevant HR stakeholders on all people related matters (e.g. P3, Talent Management and Mobility) to drive consistency of functional strategies, processes and messages at regional/country level.
- Represent and champion HR in all interactions with business stakeholders, and in turn represent business agenda and priorities to the wider HR Community as well as providing insight and context into global HR product and process design and development.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes (e.g. salary/bonus review, talent management processes, recruitment processes) as they relate to businesses and the HR function
- Ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulation
People and Talent
- Lead the team to deliver specific projects and deliverables, as determined by the HR and business' scorecard
- Lead by example, building the appropriate culture and values, using effective leadership, coaching and engagement
- Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Develop and embed a high performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity
- Develop talent to ensure a high quality succession pipeline at all levels and sponsor ongoing development activities that focus on the identified high performing and high potential individuals within the businesses
- Focus on inter-region and global talent opportunities and pipelines
- Manage risks and exceptions with the most senior [product, segment or function] population (typically all Band 3 and above), recruitment and on-boarding decisions within authorities and as part of the standard process
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Understand the risk and control environment in HR's area of responsibility, driving rectification, as required
- Understand and help manage the people-related risk profile including operational and reputational risk, to Group Standards
- Co-ordinate global and major thematic risk & control responses within [products, segments or function] as part of the global process
- Provide oversight of complex employee relations issues involving senior people, significant litigation, and high profile or broad business issues
- Support the effective implementation of the Risk Management framework within the role remit
- Ensure effective processes are in place to identify, manage, monitor and report risk
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with relevant audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
- Wealth Management and Business Banking Top Team
- Management Group colleagues
- Global/Regional Business Management Group members
- Regional and Country HR Heads
- Global HR Business Partners for product,segment/function
- Regional HR Business Partner for WM and BB Portfolio
- HR Product owners and specialists
- Function Heads
- Partners aligned to Wealth Management and Business Banking in Risk, Legal & Compliance, Finance and ITO
Qualifications and Skills
- Significant experience of being an HR Business Partner
- Knowledge of financial services
- Strong understanding of business function including key products, key roles, operating model and strategic agenda
- Understanding of financials (e.g. interpreting financial statements, budgeting, project accounting)
- Proven experience of designing and delivering an HR agenda in line with Business and People priorities
- Knowledge of change management and driving organisational effectiveness
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of various HR products and how to implement them across the country and globally.
- Understanding and practical experience of managing high complexity employee relations/change management activities e.g. restructuring, M&A, managing redundancies
- Knowledge of the latest HR trends, best practices and how to successfully apply them
- Previous experience of managing teams
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.