HR Director - 6 month contract
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Huxley APAC
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
The HR Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and execution of the Human Resource function within the Hong Kong branch providing regional support as required) of a major Swiss Private Bank. This role also works closely with the HR team based in head office to ensure that processes, procedures and policies are carried out in close connection with global standards, and where applicable, adherence to local laws and employment legislation is observed.
The role is a six-month temporary contract to cover the current incumbent's maternity leave.
- Responsible for delivery of all HR activities for the Hong Kong branch including, but not limited to: HR administration; recruitment and resourcing; compensation and benefits; employee relations; training and development; records management.
- Manages key stakeholder expectations by communicating efficiently and effectively, resolving, or escalating, concerns where applicable, referring back to company policy where feasible
- Actively supports the banks recruitment agenda by updating and maintaining job descriptions; working with both recruitment partners and via direct sourcing channels to attract talent; assisting with interview logistics and arrangements; interviewing candidates as required; promotes company culture and values as an ambassador of the bank; provides feedback to line managers as required; supports the offer and accept process; manages on-boarding and new-joiner processes.
- Stays abreast of local employment and legislative requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions and implementing selected solution to resolve
- Enhances the department's reputation by accepting ownership of responsibilities, provided assistance wherever possible and by exploring opportunities to add value
- Participates in and supports HR projects
- Prepares reports as and when required by collecting, analysing, and summarising data
- Performs other incidental and related duties as and when required
- High personal integrity, discreet and confidential
- Thinks strategically, acts operationally
- A self-starter: initiative and drive are key assets
- Adept at decision making, but conscious of the need to escalate where required
- Financially conscious; acutely aware of cost and acts with financial integrity
- Excellent command of English and Cantonese, written and spoken
- Strong HR background and knowledge as a generalist
- Good understanding of the legal aspects of Human Resources management in Hong Kong
- At least 7 years' experience in Financial Services HR
- Strong IT skills (Excel data manipulation and report generation)
To find out more about Huxley please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley is part of the larger SThree group
Award winner of International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016 and "Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong" by Great Place to Work 2017