Head Development, Equities
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities JOB SCOPE
The successful candidate will be the part of a team building an innovative platform leveraging data, analytics to drive automated decision-making, smart automation across the full lifecycle of the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, strong and passionate developer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift. We want People driven by the mission!
- Provide strong team leadership through technical and domain expertise (EQ Delta-1/Prime, EQD products)
- Do whatever it takes to maintain stability, availability and performance
- Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions - deep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role
- Build services with a framework and generic pattern mindset for scale across multiple dimensions - optimized compute/performance, functional, visualization, quality control
- Develop scalable real-time low-latency processing solutions in an agile delivery method
- Maintain data & analytics for systematic decision-making, processing / controls
- Support legacy decommissioning efforts
The successful candidate is expected to be an experienced developer in building critical low-latency/data-analytics driven solutions in investment banking/hedge funds companies. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including: Core Qualifications
- Solid experience in designing, developing mission critical systems in java as the primary language primarily in Equities (cash, futures/options, derivatives)
- In-depth core Java knowledge
- Proven experience in low latency, real-time, scalable systems, systematic trading, garbage collector, queuing, scheduling, complex events processing (CEP)
- Technical knowledge in a no-SQL / doc / columnar DB such as mongoDB, kdb, shell scripts in Linux/Unix environment and or windows-based environments
- Strong experience using high-performance messaging bus
- Experience with in all or some of these: hazelcast, zookeeper, google guice, solace, aeron, gprc ..
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of modern architecture/designs - micro-services/API-first development/high-throughput/event-driven/agent-based system, compositional frameworks
- Some experience in FIX, Market Data, Analytics and OMS is a plus in Equities (Cash, F&O, Derivatives)
- Knowledge and some practical experience in modern dev-ops - CI/CD, containerization, orchestration
- Solid Team Lead experience (team size>20 across 2 or more locations)
We would like the candidate to demonstrate strong delivery qualities
- Ability to think "Product/platform" with a strong alignment with expected business outcomes/journeys
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Ability to scope minimum viable functionalities for quick and iterative/incremental deliveries - this is a must for the candidate
- Strong IT governance and processes experience:
- Software development lifecycle
- Agile/Scrum-Kanban and related tools - JIRA, Confluence
- QA & DevOps understanding
- Controls & Audits
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous Self-motivated, multi-tasking, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, solution oriented with proven results
- Good team spirit
- Extreme curiousness
- This is a very demanding role which requires a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work fast, efficiently, under pressure on multiple deliveries
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.