Head IPS APAC Business Risk Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Oct 17
Are you an expert on risk? Do you know how to assess business & operational risk and implement processes? We're looking for someone like you to:
Act as a senior, informed advisor to the Investment Platforms & Solutions (IPS) APAC Head and senior management in the day-to-day management of operational risks, risk / return business decisions and tactical and strategic discussions / decision making.
you will be responsible for:
- performing operational risk assessments for the IPS APAC Head (and other accountable executives in IPS APAC),
- performing IPS regional / location / legal entity coordination where front-to-back assessments are required,
- challenging location or sector operational risk assessments,
- appropriately taking action (or ensuring action is taken by the IPS APAC Head or accountable executives within IPS APAC) on identified issues,
- supporting the definition of the IPS APAC risk appetite statement (and challenging the relevant location / sector risk appetite statements),
- analysing and evaluating relevant operational risk data
- delivering reasoned and prioritised options / recommendations
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be heading the Risk team specifically focused on product for the IPS Business as part of the UBS WM APAC team
Your experience and skills
- deep experienced with WM products and the associated risk framework
- experience of managing at senior levels within a complex matrix organization
- experience of managing challenging stakeholders and offering solutions
- extensive experience with general risk management
– orientation for details whilst able to conserve the big picture ('can connect the dots')
– extensive experience in China and of its regulatory and political framework
– some experience in dealing with regulators
– able to drive change
– able to handle challenging situations
– reliable, independent and proactive
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.