Head, Loans & Agency
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
We are currently looking for a Head of Loan & Agency to lead the Loan & Agency operations in supporting end-to-end Loans Agency HK Operations covering Asian markets ('east'), Principal Finance operations, and Loan processing
- Ownership for Loans Agency Operations, HK. Leadership & day-to-day management of the team providing loans agency services which serve as one of two global hubs to the Bank
- Subject matter expert & design lead for Loans Agency. Direct ownership for understanding client / business requirements, designing fit-for-purpose solutions and implementation of same, in line with the Control framework and all compliance & regulatory requirements.
- Accountable to the loan process which fully outsourced to two business hubs. Key person to liaise with the hubs on business requirement, service level and to resolve service issues
- Senior global lead : Active partnership with global Loans Agency, ITO and Business origination & syndication teams to both ensure smooth delivery of services and to drive the development of the service offering.
- Strategy - operating model development : In partnership with Group Operations, design, document and implement new / improved processes to deliver operational efficiencies, maintain a robust control environment and to meet new Business / Client demand for services within agreed scope to further monetise the capability. Balancing continuous process improvement & more fundamental operating model step-change.
- Service delivery : delivery of high quality agency services to our clients as contracted - accurate, on time, control compliant - including KPI metrics-based SLA measurement & reporting of same. Daily workload & delivery management, subject matter expert lead for day-to-day issue resolution and senior escalation point for clients, SCB management & the team.
- Process ownership : Ownership of the team process universe, the distribution of roles & responsibilities and capacity models, including assessment of capacity levels vs volumes & associated resourcing requirements. Lead gatekeeper role for new deals to ensure scope of services are clearly understood and can be sustainably supported by the team - including assessments of cost, risk, capacity & any process/technology change requirements.
- Team management : direct staff responsibility, including objectives setting ; clearly documented & applied roles & responsibilities ; staff performance management ; staff development ; team communications (with & on behalf of the team) ; governance.
- Risk management : measurement & reporting of Key Risk Indicators & proactive management of operational risks. Act quickly & decisively should any risk and control weaknesses become apparent and ensure they are escalated & addressed appropriately.
- Financial discipline : adherence to cost discipline by working with budget parameters, formalising requests for headcount growth and investment through quantifiable capacity-based metrics. Close understanding of revenue drivers, deal pricing, cost/income ratios and opportunities to improve business profitability within service & risk parameters.
- Represent the department at different committees, forums & meetings both internal and external as required.