Head of APAC iShares Global Markets, Director
Description About this role ETF & Index Investments:
BlackRock's ETF & Index Investments (EII) manages over $4.9 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock's iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $2.1 trillion in assets under management across more than 900 ETFs and the industry's broadest array of investment choices. The EII team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney.
The EII APAC group serves institutional and retail clients in the Asia Pacific region, on ETFs and indexing investment solutions. Role Aim/Purpose:
Professionals within the APAC EII Global Markets Team seek to protect and grow trading in iShares funds by monitoring the primary and secondary market trading activities in the region and enhancing the ETF ecosystem. The role consists in leading the Global Markets team and driving its projects across Equities and Fixed Income ETFs for APAC. The team consists in seven professionals located in our three major trading hubs in the region (Hong Kong, Tokyo and Australia) and works closely with our other Global Markets teams worldwide. It focuses on monitoring and enhancing primary market activities on the APAC iShares ETFs and improving the secondary market quality of the funds. The Global Markets team lead and coordinate key technology projects on ETF trading enhancements with Product, Portfolio Engine, Trading and Technology teams in BlackRock, as well as external partners (Trustees, Authorised Participants, Exchanges...). The team is also in charge of the market quality on the ETFs, looking after the strategy with our local Authorised Participants, engaging with Market Makers on liquidity and spreads and promoting the ETF ecosystem to clients. The team also provides flow information and pre-trade analysis to APAC clients on our Global range, whilst educating them on ETF liquidity. To be successful, the right candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, experience in managing a team, be a self-starter and possess strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task. The candidate must be creative and solutions-oriented and interested in capital markets across asset classes. Major Responsibilities
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Lead the APAC iShares Global Markets Team
- Drive the growth of ETFs usage in the region, aligned with our product strategic pillars, by connecting with Broker Dealers, Market Makers and clients.
- Provide insight to internal and external partners and clients on the trading, valuations, and market quality of the iShares ETFs, as well as comparing these with competitors' products.
- Represent EII in public speaking engagements for both internal and external conferences and events, in particular on ETF liquidity, ETF ecosystem and markets.
- Manage Broker Dealers and Market Making relationships to promote iShares ETFs as financial instrument
- Help sales coverage teams by providing pre-trade analysis and guidance, broker recommendations, and facilitating trade executions for clients.
- Drive and prioritise ETF trading technology projects, associated with the Global Markets team's initiatives, providing specifications and handling the testing of the platform and products enhancements with partner groups (internal and/or external).
- Experience working in a buy or sell side institution in a trading and/or market development capacity => 10+ years' experience in front office on the sell side or on the buy side
- Strong background/knowledge or interest in ETFs, its ecosystem and financial and derivative instruments.
- Understanding of APAC and international markets including trading, clearing, and settlement.
- Experience running large projects and navigating complexities to meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing and developing a team.
- Able to multi-task and work effectively at various levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced, highly energetic environment.
- Highly motivated person with impeccable ethical standards, strong focus on risk and attention to details.
- VBA or advanced excel modelling a plus.
- Knowledge of bonds, FX and other fixed income instruments a plus.
- CFA/MBA/Master/FRM and/or other professional investment accreditations a plus.
- Knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin) a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.