Head of Audit, APAC Technology #107154
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 24 Mar 19
Head of Audit, APAC Technology #107154
At Credit Suisse in Asia Pacific, we're proud that Internal Audit is seen a key strategic partner to the business. Our risk-based methodology is reflected in truly dynamic audit plans that ensure that the function stays completely relevant and that we have the ability to flex to meet the evolving strategy of this key growth business. Our Auditors have the opportunity to build and maintain direct and lasting relationships with the Bank's leadership and are actively sought out for the meaningful advice and insights. Reflecting the Bank's entrepreneurial spirit, our Internal Audit function is also innovating; we're investing in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques, to ensure that both people and platforms are best in class.
Primary Job Function
- You will maintain positive relationships with business management within their area of responsibility. Understand the key risks relating to specific areas of their responsibility and influence and deliver messages to the appropriate business partners demonstrating value.
- You will be responsible for preparation and delivery of a divisional/regional audit plan including oversight of audits, development of the audit approach.
- You will conduct regular and continuous auditing, and monitoring of business activities.
- You will prepare periodic business reviews: presentation of business activities, risk assessment and changes to the audit plan to the General Auditor. Consideration of impact of such assessments on continuous monitoring/continuous auditing activities.
- You will support the Chief Auditor in the development of themes across the area of responsibility and the delivery of these to Bank's executive management.
- You are going to support the Chief Auditors with specific regulatory responsibilities in ensuring appropriate risk-based, adequate and effective audit coverage for the bank's legal entities with respect to the Business/Subject Matter.
- You will participate, monitor and audit coverage of relevant regional and global initiatives.
- Developing expertise in the Internal Audit Department globally for APAC Technology.
- Strong product knowledge within the core businesses of Credit Suisse (Global Markets, Wealth Management, Investment Banking)
- Deep technical knowledge of IT risks and controls across applications and IT infrastructure
- Preparation and delivery of audit plan relating to businesses assigned, including annual and continuous risk assessments, oversight of audits, development of the audit approach taking into consideration changes in risk profile/market/operating environment of the division.
- Coordination with other Heads of Audit across all regions to ensure consistent approach and global read across of control risks and issues.
- Preparation of periodic assessment of the overall effectiveness of the control framework.
- Handling business partner relationships with senior management of the APAC division, as well as global business partners.
- Development and execution of a programme of continuous risk and performance monitoring (e.g. business developments, emerging risks and control issues).
- Monitoring and disseminating key current issues and developments.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements in the APAC region and experience in dealing with examinations and/ or enquiries by regulatory authorities
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters, post-graduation or related certifications considered a plus (CISA, CISSP, etc)
- Establishes/reviews all audit reports for businesses assigned and directs the responsible Audit Manager. This includes:
- Ensures reports are presented in a fair and equal manner that will allow for effective evaluation by all business partners.
- Coordinates clearance of reports, particularly dealings with senior local, regional and global management.
- Verifies that observations, risks and recommendations are substantive, and facilitates resolution of underlying issues within determined timeframes.
- Periodically visits operational and other business locations, meeting with key Business management as appropriate.
- Ensures timely raising of all relevant issues or concerns impacting the bank's legal entities to relevant Chief Auditor, including matters identified outside of the regular audit activity.
- Establishes positive relationships with regional representatives of External Audit and Regulators.
- Support the Chief Auditors in recruitment and development of audit staff.
- Promotes internal mobility and information sharing efforts.
- Identifies skillset needed to perform the audit activities. Supports staff in their career progression.
- Sets tone for a goal/result oriented environment that promotes team work by: ensuring a fair allocation of work to develop all personnel without compromising overall effectiveness; ensuring appropriate training of all personnel; and developing efforts to place staff over time in positions throughout Credit Suisse.
- Supervises audit staff and ensures appraisals are completed on a periodic basis.
- Champions and promotes the Internal Audit objective of a team oriented management approach by ensuring that there is frequent and open communication via meetings, conference calls or internal projects.
- You will establish appropriate succession and deputy arrangements.
- You possess developing expertise in the Internal Audit Department globally for APAC Technology.
- You have strong product knowledge within the core businesses of Credit Suisse (Global Markets, Wealth Management, Investment Banking).
- You should have deep knowledge (technical) of IT risks and controls across applications and IT infrastructure.
- You have deep understanding of regulatory requirements in the APAC region and experience in taking care of examinations and/or enquiries by regulatory authorities.
- Your Bachelor's Degree is required. Masters, post-graduation or related certifications considered a plus (CISA, CISSP, etc).