Looking for your dream job? At Vistra, we walk together with our talents to find aspiration and purpose. We are open and transparent, working together and sharing expertise in order to meet our clients’ needs. We have drive and passion, and we all share in the success that this brings. If you would like to join an exciting and vibrant organisation, where you will work closely with other talented people, be supported in your professional development, and share our passion and our values, please apply.
Vistra has a diverse global workforce of more than 4,500 people from 45 corners of the world. We are in major city centers like Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Luxemburg, Poland, Bangalore and New York. High growth areas like Shenzhen, Warsaw, Abu Dhabi and Kuala Lumpur.
Whether you are an expert in trusts, funds or corporate services, a specialist with experience in specific jurisdictions; or someone who is skilled in a support service, you will find Vistra geographically and culturally diverse, but with shared values and goals.
- This role (at Director level) is responsible to advocate a culture of compliance and lead the development and implementation of the Group compliance programs in the region. This role will provide independent oversight of the compliance function in the region and assess and monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory compliance controls to mitigate Vistra’s risks.
- Regional responsibility for the independent oversight and management of risks inherent to Vistra’s business activities.
- The post holder will act as the appointed regulatory contact with the Hong Kong Companies Registry, Labuan Financial Services Authority and Samoa International Finance Authority in respect of regulatory issues
- Responsibility for implementation of Group Compliance strategy in the region and associated oversight of regional Compliance matters to ensure alignment.
- Providing strategic direction and acting as a point of technical compliance delivery for the region to bring the region up to the expected compliance standard of both the Group and any relevant regulators within the region.
- Develop internal relationships to ensure commitment throughout compliance agendas
- Oversight of local Compliance functions across the region. Ensure sufficient resources and training are in place to successfully discharge the objectives of the functions
- Challenge compliance practice and develop and implement strategic and tactical plans for the region in conjunction with Group Compliance.
- Ensure delivery by offices of routine compliance monitoring under a defined Group program, and the carrying out of reviews and reporting functions as part of a pro-active risk-based compliance regime.
- Ensure maintenance by offices of Compliance manuals, seeking to harmonize these across the region as far as possible.
- Prepare and submit standard quarterly reports to Chief Compliance Officer
- Act as designated Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer the post holder ensuring that offices comply with regulatory requirements.
- Acting as the Compliance Officer for relevant operating entities with overall responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of the licensees’ AML/CTF systems as part of the relevant license requirements
- Interpreting and disseminating information about regulatory requirements and changes to the First Line;
- Undertaking periodic compliance monitoring on the basis of a risk-based compliance monitoring programme as devised by Group Compliance and making recommendations for improvements in the manner in which compliance is achieved;
- Maintaining the various compliance registers that regulators and Group Compliance require to be kept;
- Exercise due skill, care and diligence, observe proper standards of market conduct and deal with any regulators or other relevant stakeholders in an open and co-operative way.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Degree holder in relevant disciplines, advanced degree preferred
- Qualified lawyer would be highly regarded
- Minimum 10 years of compliance experience preferably gained through reputable professional services or financial services firms
- Strong Legal and Compliance technical knowledge
- Able to work in a multi-faceted environment and sensitive to divisional business issues.
- Methodical with strong analytical skills; ability to interpret and summarize complex information for onward communication to the Executive Committee, the Board and externally as may be required.
- Consultancy skills in order to be a trusted adviser to the business on Legal and Compliance related issues.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build persuasive cases based on fact and through the strength of leadership ensure that all relevant stakeholders buy into the Compliance strategy.
- Credible and effective communicator both written and verbal with proven relationships with industry and/or market contacts.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and display emotional resilience.
- Collaborative, strong team-player with demonstrable experience in working within a dynamic organisation and able to build bridges between the different stakeholders within the organisation, division and locations
- Exceptional attention to detail & programme management experience
- Excellent people management skills able to lead and motivate large teams
If you have any questions about the role please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
(We are not accepting any unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters)