- Oversee the development and subsequent implementation of annual plans by the individual departments / functions comprising Corporate Banking to ensure achievement of pre-set targets / objectives, including but not limited to business growth and expansion.
- Review / analyse the Corporate and Institution Banking Department management accounts (comprising the balance sheet, income statement along with the budgeted figures) on a monthly basis and positively address adverse variances noted with the respective departmental / function heads.
- Ensure the provision of value added corporate products and services to existing / potential corporate banking customers who seek banking relationships with the bank
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining sound internal control environments across Corporate Banking team.
- Lead the development of 'early warning systems' that highlight possible risk deterioration in the corporate credit portfolio, in order to allow for timely corrective action. Also, monitor critical portfolio caps at required intervals and take prompt action in coordination with Credit Risk when required to uphold the quality of the portfolio
- Hold meetings with staff and assess their performance as well as the function's overall performance on a regular basis.
- At least 10-15 years of relevant banking experience, preferably with at least 5 years at a senior managerial position in corporate banking within a highly rated international bank.
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and regulations for the corporate banking segment preferably with at least 5 years' experience in the local/ regional environment and preferably 3 years international banking experience
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices pertaining to Corporate Banking products.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
- Personal integrity, self-motivation and self-management.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Planning, organizing and analytical ability.
- Familiar with the balanced scorecard approach.
- Ability to manage teams from diverse cultural backgrounds