Head of Credit Analysis & Solutions
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
1.a) Guarantees :
- Supervision and management of a team of credit analysts and provision of ongoing training to them to improve and upgrade their credit skill.
- To work closely with Market Heads /Team Heads/RMs to grow the credit portfolio within the risk appetite of the bank.
- To Review and approve credit files as one of the credit delegation holders
- To supervise the credit analysts to ensure that all credit files are renewed in a timely manner in accordance with the credit policy
- Actively participate in team projects / management statistics reporting / regulatory reporting requirement
- the alignment of the Cluster's credit strategy with the Cluster's global strategy (in particular through the implementation of objective setting and performance monitoring in line with the WM Credit's key performance indicators);
- the achievement of the Cluster's Credit Development strategy's objectives by liaising with the appropriate departments;
- Achievement of annual credit business objectives (Growth in credit utilization; ratio « credit revenues / WM revenues » on the cluster perimeter and « credit outstandings / AuMs » on the cluster perimeter), while minimizing risk;
2.a) Guarantees :
- the development of the Credit Offering, based upon the specific product expertise of the Cluster's Offer;
- the availability of the necessary IT requirements/tools, based upon his/her interaction with the Cluster's IT resources;
- To conduct credit training for RMs to improve their credit knowledge.
- the improvement of the Cluster's credit approval efficiency, client's satisfaction and quality of service, based upon his/her interaction with the Business Process & Organization resources available to the Cluster.
3.a) Guarantees the appropriate credit analysis decision process for the files to be decided at the Cluster's level;
3.b) Contributes to the Cluster's Credit portfolio quality :
- To ensure the credit portfolio is of good quality
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Responsible for ensuring team members comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Responsible for ensuring job descriptions are written, distributed and updated
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Good knowledge of Banking products and its activities and all aspects of risk elements involved. Control- oriented, analytical, numerate, meticulous, familiar with Credit Risk, Legal and Regulatory aspects of the banking business.
Specific Qualifications Required
University graduate in Finance/ Business Administration with a minimum of 5 to 7 years relevant experience with a multinational bank