Head of Credit Risk Modelling – Commercial Bank
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Search Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 12S5954
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
Our client is an established reputable commercial bank with a strong presence across the region. They are currently hiring for a high calibre Head of Credit Risk Modelling covering both corporate and retail to join their team in Hong Kong.
- Develop, implement and maintain credit rating, economic capital and IFRS expected credit loss models for the measurement and management of credit risk for different segments of the Bank’s portfolios including wholesale and retail
- Handle various stress testing including IFRS 9 modeling impairment model development credit analytics related to risk management
- Perform comprehensive analysis of credit risk models to facilitate Basel II / III IRB Approach and scorecard
- Maintain risk appetite for the bank and liaise with regulators on model related issues
- Active engagement with business and stakeholders to develop analytic solutions using outputs from such models in credit decisioning, business strategies, risk appetite setting and provisioning and capital assessment
- Support the regular reporting and monitoring required ensuring that all models remain appropriate for the portfolio
- Degree in a quantitative discipline in Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering etc
- Good experience in handling data and performing quantitative analysis
- Analytical and independent thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills especially in explaining complex technical subjects in a simple/pragmatic way to business and senior management.
- Strong data manipulation and computational skills preferably in SAS or SQL
- Experience in risk analytics or credit risk management in wholesale or consumer portfolios will be an advantage.
Should you wish to have a confidential discussion, please contact Fabienne Cheng at 2520 5073