Head of Development / Software Delivery
- Very competitive with good extras
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Mainstay Asia
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
Our client is a leading Investment Bank who are currently undertaking a large-scale, multi-year programme of work, to build and deliver the next generation of trading systems. They are looking for a Head of Development to manage a team of 25-30 development resources.
Due to the nature of the role and environment, the right candidate should have experience with the development of real-time, high transactional, high frequency trading systems, preferably within an Agile environment. You will have overall responsibility for the design and development of the systems but will focus mainly on, team management, delivery structure of team with some attention on architecture and code review.
- To manage a team of circa 25 Software Engineers and play a leading role in the design, development and implementation of a state-of-art trading and transaction processing
- Focus on delivery set up, structure of team and team management. Code review is useful with the main languages being C# and Java.
- To oversee and lead the requirement analysis, design, development, development testing, deployment and software documentation for the project
- Work closely with SIT and UAT in release management activity
- To define development tasks, perform task allocation to meet project commitments, monitor delivery tasks and report the progress
- To anticipate project risk, give early warning and suggest solutions for delivery tasks
- To manage external vendors on solution integration and compliance of standards, oversee and measure the fulfilment of the vendor’s contractual obligations
- To coach and develop team members to ensure an excellent maintenance of competent workforce and review code to make sure it meets the high standards set by yourself and the Organisation
- To monitor and ensure the target systems comply with company policies and standards
- To seek opportunities to constantly improve work practices and process
- University graduate with a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Postgraduate qualification is an advantage
- A minimum of 15 years’ information systems design, software development, IT management and project management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in team management of medium-sized software team (~10 developers) and with a track record in leading the delivery of complex system development projects is a must
- Hands-on experience in developing and deploying large scale high performance transaction processing and analytics system is required
- Financial trading experience is preferable but not a must
- Knowledge and working experience in some (not all) key technologies used by the project – Linux, Java, Windows .NET platform, C#, MSSQL Server, in-memory database, Solace messaging, web HTML5 and node.js technologies will be an advantage
- Strong team player who can work under pressure, independently and proactively.
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Able to communicate in Cantonese and Putonghua is an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Hong Kong's largest organisations at an exciting phase.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in Word Format to ben
Ben @ mainstayasia.com and put "Development Manager” in the Subject Heading.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)