Head of Employee Relations
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Argyll Scott Hong Kong
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
We are currently helping our client, a sizeable financial institution in Hong Kong, in search for an experienced HR professional to oversee and manage Employee Relations function within the office and to achieve a better dynamic across the organization.
- Develop clear communication channels and interact with employees on a regular basis;
- Carry out investigation of employees for disciplinary matters, review all documentation regarding the investigations and make discipline recommendations in consultation with Head of HR and respective business heads;
- Drive investigations and resolve all cases as required, and ensure they are completed efficiently and to a high standard;
- Partner with HR Business Partners to advise the business in the understanding, ownership and application of all aspects of employment ordinance, compliance and best practices;
- Apply and interpret appropriate and relevant policies and employment laws to resolve employment matters;
- Act as HR key point of contact to collaborate with different stakeholders to work on disciplinary cases and meet regulatory requirements internally and externally;
- Effectively deliver comprehensive and accurate reporting of all staff related issues;
- Design and deliver data analytics relating to Employee Relations with insightful analysis and reporting in order to assist the identification of patterns and trends in employee behaviour and conduct;
- Design, implement, and facilitate training workshops to enhance employee's understanding of crucial policies and practices, as well as risk and governance awareness on regulatory requirements;
- Handle employee concerns with integrity and professionalism.
- Degree educated in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial Relations, Law or related discipline;
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in HR or Employment Law, preferably in-house Employment Law Counsel, Employee Relations, HR Risk & Compliance or Business HR experiences gained in the banking and financial industry;
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and build relationships with people of all levels;
- Open minded, creative thinker who is able to view scenarios from multiple angles and can be empathetic towards the business as well as the individual;
- Exercise good judgment and problem solving skills in order to regularly resolve conflicts;
- Possess solid knowledge on HK employment ordinance, relevant banking ordinance / guidelines as well as other local ordinance;
- Good writing ability and sound analytical & organizing skills.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Dorraine Tay at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on +852 3695 5186 for a confidential discussion.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.