Head of FXLM, Credit, Rates and ALMT Compliance, North Asia
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
A key role in the Regional Global Markets Compliance Governance Model and a senior member of the regional compliance team.
Support the Regional Head of Compliance, the Regional Head of Global Markets & Institutional Banking Compliance, coordinate all advisory-related activities and action plans closely with various dedicated Global Markets Compliance teams in the region.
Responsible for closely liaising with and keep regularly informed the relevant Global Markets business seniors, and country compliance heads in countries where the Global Markets (Fixed Income) and ALM Treasury businesses are dominant, particularly the hubs of Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. The main business lines covered will include FXLM, G10 Rates, Credit, Primary Markets, and ALM Treasury.
Act as the North Asia central point of co-ordination for various regional projects on Global Markets (Fixed Income) side. This position will also act as one of the main compliance contact point for the implementation within Global Markets of local, regional, and global remediation projects, reform initiatives in the area of trading, clearing and reporting of OTC derivatives, and Dodd-Frank, Volcker, EMIR, and French Banking Law related response initiatives. He or she will spearhead regional training initiatives aimed at maintaining consistently high levels of front office proficiency in relevant rules and regulations, codes of conduct, and particularly the laws and regulations governing the bench marking activities and various remediation requirements for APAC Global Markets business.
Customers include all relevant staff; business and functional heads and teams in North Asia, within Global Markets Department; and various regulatory authorities in North Asia.
Specifically, as an advisor in GM (FI/ALMT) Compliance APAC team, he/she will:
• Monitor the changes and development on relevant local new laws, rules and regulations
• Liaise with local regulators and handles regulatory inquiries, audits, inspections, questionnaires and surveys
• Handle local compliance issues, incident, and breaches in conjunction with various internal parties, where necessary, and prepare various MIS and incident reports
• Prepare and update local compliance policies and procedures
• Participate in various local compliance projects in relation to Global Markets Compliance
• Review new business and product proposals or transactions; and approve in accordance with delegated authority
• Respond promptly to enquires on compliance related maters
• Assist in the management of its compliance programme, such as review of marketing documents, conflicts identification and mitigations, assist in compliance desk reviews, follow through of trade surveillance alerts
• Periodic review, update and introduction of Compliance policy and procedures to ensure continuing relevance; and providing guidance, interpretation and direction to stakeholders.
• Assist stakeholders and compliance team to keep abreast of regulatory developments and in the interpretation of regulatory changes and their likely impact on the business and its processes, procedures, controls and products (gap analysis)
• Assist in the execution of monitoring and control systems in place operate effectively so that compliance related issues are readily identified and remedial actions implemented in order to minimize risk, and taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
• Assist in the production of periodic MIS and KPIs as directed
• Assist in the organization, administration and provision of compliance training for new employees and as well as on-going training for all employees
• Participate in various global projects like FX remediation and MiFID II implementation
• Ad hoc requests such as participation in specific projects, as directed from time to time by the Head of GM Compliance APAC or Head of Compliance, APAC
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
The incumbent will have knowledge in most if not all of the following asset classes:
OTC derivatives in Interest Rates Credit, Foreign Currency, Structured deposits
Structured investment products
Subject specialism would also be useful, e.g. primary market activities, wall crossing, conflicts management, KYC and characterization requirements, suitability and client interest protection, sale of investment products, etc.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Willing to learn, tenacious, hardworking and enthusiastic. The candidate must possess good communication and social skills to be a team player and work with all levels. Independent minded, with good command of written and spoken English. Sound knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Specific Qualifications Required
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Experience: A minimum of 10 or more years of experience in the compliance department of a financial institution, with knowledge of fixed income products and/or capital market activities such as FI DCM or Syndicate. Possess an excellent knowledge of HKMA/SFC requirements and their practical application.
The candidate should be a senior professional with regulatory and related industry experience. This will entail sufficient experience and a good understanding of the regulatory environment and the key challenges and developments which the business as well as the wider industry faces.