Head of Human Resources, Asia Pacific
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Capital Markets (Hong Kong) Limited
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
The Head of HR, Asia Pacific is responsible for proactively providing and managing a solution driven business partnering HR service to the management and desk heads of the revenue producing staff of the group as well as the management of non-revenue producing functions that support the group. He/ She would take responsibility for HR processes and procedures across the Asia region as well as managing a team of 12 HR professionals based in different geographical locations in a collegiate and supportive manner.
- Provide a hands-on, day-to-day HR service to the BGC businesses across the Asia region, which is circa 770 employees in the following locations: Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, South Korea & Japan.
- Maintain and build relationships with employees and management on both a local and global scale through regular and open communication.
- Work effectively with other support functions to ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are met and become a trusted advisor to the senior management of the BGC group.
- Ensure HR processes (such as the joiner, leaver and transfer processes), systems and records are managed slickly and are maintained to the highest standards so that reporting, business and regulatory requirements are met.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure all payroll instructions and associated data are accurate and correct and are in line with SOX and any other requirements.
- Work closely with London HR to develop, maintain and renew all benefit policies across the region.
- Contribute to performance and talent management initiatives within BGC, such as ensuring that the appraisal processes and associated activities are managed well and in a timely manner.
- Ensure arrangements in relation to international staff movements, such as applications for work permits/visas, drafting agreements and liaising with colleagues in overseas offices are managed promptly and efficiently.
- Contribute to the work of the broader HR team on projects impacting all entities within the Group – such as centralised job descriptions, new joiner induction, developing new approaches to performance management, training and development etc.
- To be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
- Financial Services experience in a global business
- Experienced working with global teams and senior level expatriates
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong business and commercial awareness
- Sound, up to date knowledge of HR issues and HR best practice
- Strong process and procedural skill set
- Experienced in managing staff based in multiple locations and time zones
- Able to deal effectively with demanding senior executives
- Excellent organisational and team leadership skills
- Oracle experience is a plus
- Fluency in both verbal and written English
- Exposure to international HR, in particular in Europe
- Experience of HR’s role in a regulated environment, in particular the FCA, and a strong Compliance mind set