Head of Partnerships and Business Management
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description Head of Partnerships and Business Management Hong Kong The Opportunity
Manulife has embarked on a bold ambition to transform into a digital, customer-centric market leader and live up to our Mission, 'Decisions made easier. Lives made better.' Our 5 Strategic Priorities are
Digital, Customer Leader
- Portfolio Optimization
- Expense Efficiency
- Accelerate Growth
- Digital, Customer Leader
- High-Performing Team
, is one of the 5 strategic priorities driving the ambition and mission. The objective is to improve our customer experiences, using digitization and innovation to put customers first. This is because:
- Technologies are changing the way our customers interact with financial services providers
- New digital-first companies and agile start-ups are entering our competitive landscape
- Customers expect fast, easy, seamless and personalized service in every aspect of their lives
Manulife Asia has made strong strides in digitizing our business investing in customers and distributor facing solution, automating legacy backend processes and building a customer centric culture which has led to significant improvements in NPS. The Digital Product and Partnership function in the Asia Regional Office, leads our flagship BI program ManulifeMOVE, supports distribution through digital customer acquisition as well as identifies future products and partnerships that can accelerate our ambition to become the world's most digital and customer centric company in our industry.
The Head of Partnerships and Business Management has the mandate to:
What motivates you?
- Strategy & execution : Develop partnership strategies to support the evolution of Manulife's health ecosystem, support direct to customers/ direct to customers to agent propositions and drive monetization through digital propositions.
- Develop capability : Provide governance, best practices and thought leadership to markets to onboard and manage partners and relationships effectively.
- Support performance : Collaborate with global teams and local markets to establish KPI targets, develop activation and engagement strategies to uplift key program KPIs, track and provide performance information to key stakeholders. Manage quarterly review meetings with local markets and vendors.
- Business management: Support program / initiative financing process through business case development and results tracking and reporting. Manage program budget, expenses and procurement process.
- Manage communications: Act as engagement choreographer for the MOVE program, managing all in app customer communications and content from development through UAT and Production. Support the development of Press Releases and external communications relating to Behavioural Insurance.
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Minimum 15 years' relevant work experience in marketing, partnerships, new business development and program management.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively across departments in multiple markets, with an entrepreneurial team spirit.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team comprising of product managers, technologists and marketers.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to see how different partnerships could add value to Manulife is a must.
- The following competences:
- Collaborative approach: Fosters productive working relationships to produce superior solutions, build beneficial networks, and achieve collective business goals
- Compelling communication skills: Expresses ideas and shares information clearly and concisely, modifies approach as necessary and conveys compelling messages and builds (rational/emotional) connection with others. Strong Powerpoint and pitch presentation skills. Comfortable communicating with Executives at the most senior levels within the organization.
- Influence & Persuasiveness: Moves others towards a position (point of view), with or without authority, by setting expectations, and communicating expertise and a compelling rationale with an enterprise-wide mindset.
- Innovative Mindset: Encourages curiosity, generates ideas, experiments and takes calculated risks to improve the business.
- Knowing the Business: Stays current on Manulife's strategy, key priorities, capabilities and resources; appropriately translates knowledge of the industry, customer and business into new approaches and solutions.
- Executes with Excellence: Sets challenging objectives and is focused on achieving results that are aligned with the organization's vision; pursues excellence in planning and delivering sustainable results.
- Adaptable: Effectively adapts and supports integrated change to achieve desired results; champions an environment that motivates and inspires necessary action with confidence during times of change.
- Solution Focused: Owns problems through to resolution, makes timely decisions applies analytic/systematic reasoning to positively impact team results, organizational performance and the customer experience.
Lead the end-to-end development and execution of Manulife digital partnerships:
- Internal needs and market scan: Work with markets to understand their needs and socialize the localization of the partnership strategy. Conduct external market scan to identify emerging players in the market. Socialise new partner opportunities to local markets.
- Pipeline management: Identify key focus areas and manage partner pipeline in those specific areas. Example: Acquisition, Health, UW/pricing. Ensure alignment and visibility between regional and local pipelines.
- Proposition development: Collaborate with the Head of Acquisition, Head of MOVE or other business teams to identify ideal use cases to embed partner in MOVE/Manulife ecosystem. Define business case for the partnership and key benefit definition and tracking.
- Onboarding partners: Initiate RFI and RFP processes and manage contract negotiations. Onboarding regional partners through Manulife procurement and risk management processes.
- Execution: Collaborate with Regional Office product team and in-market teams to embed partners in Manulife. Overseeing the development and integration of partners services to MOVE/Manulife. Manage the partnership launch and local market roll out. Manage ongoing partner relationship reviews, reporting and invoicing.
- Governance: Intake management across our Asia footprint. Deal shaping and proposition shaping. Specifically setting up a mechanism to ensure local markets and RO work in tandem to discuss partners. Establish Quarterly Business Review cadence with onboarded partners to ensure delivery and SLAs.
As part of the MOVE leadership team, support the growth of the MOVE business in the region:
- Define and achieve targets: Set rolling target KPIs across key reach, engage and cross sell objectives for Asia, in collaboration with the local markets and Regional Finance office. Drive and motivate local MOVE and distribution teams (primarily Agency, Banca partners in select cases) to achieve business targets for customer enrolment, activation and engagement of MOVE. Drive quarterly performance reviews with markets and workshop mitigation strategies, providing regional guidance as required to roll out initiatives.
- Maximise investment: Support MOVE markets to derive maximum value from the investments made in the program and specifically in technology. Work with local markets to drive activation and engagement KPIs leveraging features and functionality in place.
- Leverage partnerships: Identify, review and onboard partnership opportunities to achieve MOVE business KPI's.
- Strategy: Work with the Head of MOVE and the Head of Health to define MOVE's ecosystem strategy, regionally and locally.
Manage the MOVE marketing and operations:
- New market launches: Support the launch of MOVE in new markets with objective setting, budgeting and customer communication planning.
- Support MOVE marketing: Support the Head of MOVE in all external presentations, and external PR events and activities.
- Marketing operations: Act as the engagement choreographer of the MOVE program. Work with local market teams to develop campaigns and/or in app activity calendar to derive value from functionality and rewards. Direct team members including analyticsm partnerships and business management, to support to ongoing delivery of challenges, notifications and in app banners.
- Align content with Digital Marketing team: Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to develop and leverage relevant content within the MOVE app for customers.
Own the MOVE performance results analysis and reporting:
- Report Business Results: Collaborate with Advanced Analytics function to provide accurate, consistent and timely management information and market insights to stakeholders across Global, Asia and in markets. Support in defining MOVE communication to investors and the press.
- Influence future solution: Provide insights to Chief Product Manager to define future iterations of the MOVE program.
Leverage subject matter experts (SMEs), Local Business Unit (LBU) and the resident Acquisition and Digital Marketing teams to deliver with the best consumer experience possible. Our commitment to you
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .