Our client is a large global Enterprise who are currently undergoing an extremely large greenfield program of work, to develop the next generation trading and information processing systems. They are currently hiring a Head of Software Delivery to oversee an Engineering team of circa 250 resources. You will help to direct and manage people and highly agile processes to ensure a complex software build is delivered by meeting milestones on time.
This role would suit a Project/Programme Manager who has come from a software background and managed projects at scale.
- Be accountable for the end to end Delivery of the development workstreams within the programme.
- Ensure a portfolio of Projects are broken down into clear milestones (requirements gathering, system development schedule, deployment, testing)
- Manage People, Systems and Processes within the Engineering teams
- Organise delivery tasks with a team of Development Managers executing your direction
- Report various Project and Programme status to key stakeholders in technology and business regularly
- Engage and manage stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure Projects remains on schedule
- Identify and Manage Project/Delivery Risk
- Ensure ALL Project Governance and Dev Managers are managing builds to required standards
- Manage the development activities and deliverables
- Ensure development requirements are met
- Monitor and report on progress in accordance with the requirements.
- Identify and manage relationships through effective communication with all stakeholders including third parties, and acts as the primary point of contact.
- University degree holder in Information Technology, or related disciplines
- At least 20 years hands-on experience in IT project/programme management and software delivery
- A good understanding of system development life cycle in real time systems
- Experience of DevOps environments and Agile Software Delivery
- Effective communicator to different levels of stakeholders and can present complex ideas and technical details into layman terms
- Demonstrate a proactive working attitude to achieve common goals with good influential and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written English language skills
- Professional Project management certification (PMP, Prince2, etc)
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in managing large complex programmes in a multi-tier environment
If interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Head of Software Delivery" in the Subject Heading.