The Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies.
We are open to hiring either fresh graduates as Associate or experienced hires as Senior Associates.
- Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner. Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate to complex funds.Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation (“ME pack”) fully supported with source documentation. Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements. Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds. Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Prepare yearend audit financial statements and audit packs
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
- Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in audit and Financial statements preparation desired
- Audit/Control Minded
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
- Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred
- Experience with Advent Geneva preferred
Fresh Graduates with relevant education background are welcomed to apply.