Hedge Fund Research Analyst (Technology)
- Competitive basic salary with bonus depending on individual performance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- CIF Asset Management Limited
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
The company is a HK-based, SFC licensed asset manager, backed by one of the most respected asset management group in China. We are launching a fundamental equity long/short hedge fund, aiming to generate positive returns unaffected by general market direction.
We are recruiting two research analysts, each covering investments in Internet and Hardware sectors respectively. The ideal candidates have strong research coverage experience in Greater China & Global Internet/ ecommerce/ online gaming/ software, or hardware/ semi-conductor/ telecom/ high end manufacturing equipment preferably from another investment management firm directly as an Investment Research Analyst, or alternatively from sell side equity research, management consulting, corporate strategic investment / M&A within a TMT company.
Compensation (base + bonus) will be commensurate with experience level, market rate and individual performance results.
- Assist Portfolio Manager in assessing / identifying long / short opportunities for HK / China / global publicly listed companies within the assigned coverage space.
- Conduct fundamental research, examining long term growth driver and value of potential investments, understanding competitive advantage / positioning and industry trend, monitoring short term risks of existing positions.
- Focus on proprietary in-depth bottom-up fundamental research, with extensive interaction with company management teams, sell-side analysts, and other related industry contacts.
- Build up preliminary operational and financial models of the targeted companies; Clearly present in-depth research materials and conclusions to investment team during internal discussions or meetings.
- Identify discrepancies between street expectations and company's operating and earnings reality, and the ensuring sell-side earnings revision trend.
- Create and maintain historical and projected financial models, analyzing key financial and operational metrics.
- Generate in-depth research reports based on specific earnings forecasts and fair value evaluation, providing key support to final investment decisions.
- 3-7 years of investment research experience within the coverage space.
- Solid fundamental analysis background, deep industry knowledge and investment insights.
- Strong modeling and presentation skills, supported by concrete data and evidence.
- Independent thinker, sound judgement and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and information gathering capability.
- Bachelor's degree or above from leading universities.
- Quick learner with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Mandarin.
- MBA, CFA qualified or part-qualified preferred.
- Frequently travel to China/Taiwan etc for on-site due diligence and channel check as needed
For interested parties, please kindly click on the APPLY button to send us your updated CV with current and expected package.