Hong Kong Head of Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- T+O+M , EA Licence No: R1105397
- 04 Jun 18 2018-06-04
As the Head of Risk the incumbent will have overall responsibility for identifying, monitoring and managing the various risk profiles associated with operating in the assigned Country. The incumbent will create, review and recommend a risk management strategy for the assigned Country and define the risk appetite and risk policies for the Country with overall Group risk policies
The successful candidate will:
- Recommend risk measurement methodologies to quantify risks in a consistent manner across the Country covering credit, market, operational and regulatory risks;
- Prepare such policies and procedures as are required for the operation and management of the framework and oversee their implementation;
- Maintain the framework by recommending and making such changes
- Implement a regime to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of the risk framework in risk, regulatory and operational terms, recommending such changes as may from time to time be required;
- Review existing processes for the collation and production of KRI reports and implement or enhance as necessary;
- Attend or chair risk and other control or oversight committees set up for the Country;
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and industry best practice
- Work closely with the Compliance, Internal Audit Departments and operational teams
- This role will report to the Head of Global risk support
- 15+ years of experience in Risk management within the banking sector and a minimum of 5 years within a risk management function based in Hong Kong
- A superior knowledge of Credit, Market, Counterparty, Reputational and other financial and non-financial risks
- Superior negotiation skills cross functionally and externally.
- Senior executive management experience within the Financial Services sector.
- A risk mindset demonstrating strong and intuitive understanding of the risk/return philosophy
- Extensive experience in Corporate & Institutional / Commercial / Consumer / Private Banking credit risk, together with solid knowledge of other risk areas including operations and project related.
- Extensive experience interacting with HKMA, senior-level officers, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Ability to leverage own and departmental performance by delegating and managing through others.
- Ability to operate and perform in a diverse environment under general direction, guidelines and rules.
- Solid international experience either in an international posting or working internationally involving interaction with diverse environments and different cultures
To express your interests please forward your resume to email@example.com
MOM Registered Employment Agency Licence Number: 10C4170
Employment Agency Personnel Registration No.: R1105238