IBD Legal Counsel
Key Areas of Responsibility (KRA’s)
- Provide legal support to investment banking team bankers based in Hong Kong and countries in APAC
- Cover all types of investment banking transactions: IPO (HK, US and elsewhere), ECM transactions such as blocks and placements, DCM transactions, equity-linked product transactions and M&A advisory (including public and private M&As)
- Handle various transaction documents, such as underwriting agreements, comfort packages, legal opinions as well as regulatory submissions
- Advise deal teams on various legal, regulatory, structural, reputational and other transaction-related issues
- Prepare and draft engagement letters and other documents as needed
- Attend internal committee meetings on behalf of Legal
- Work closely with the IBD compliance team on various matters in relation to the investment banking business
- Capital markets lawyer qualified in Hong Kong or U.S. or another major jurisdiction with 3 - 6 years of experience
- Good knowledge of either Hong Kong regulations (such as the SFO, HKEx listing rules, Takeovers Code and the Code of Conduct) or US securities laws
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework applicable to investment banks in Hong Kong (in particular the sponsor regime)
- Being comfortable to deal with bankers of all levels
- Able to review and draft documents in Chinese is a must, conversational Mandarin
If you are seeking a dynamic environment in which to build your career in CLSA, please send your resume to email@example.com. Kindly specify the position title in the email subject for job application.
CLSA may collect personal data from you for purposes relating to your engagement with the Company, including human resource management and other business and internal / external compliance purposes. Any personal information and /or data collected and held by the Company may be used by the Company or transferred (whether within/ outside Hong Kong) to any other parties within the Company, subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company, internal or external service providers, or any other relevant parties including governmental or regulatory authorities, for the above purposes.