IED, Prime Brokerage and Listed Derivatives New Business Group, Launch Management, Associate (Exposure to Hedge Funds required, based in HKG)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Prime Brokerage New Business Group provides consulting and project management for Prime Brokerage and Listed Derivatives.
The team draws on its collective experience to provide a consultative approach to clients, particularly for clients setting up a new business or going through life-cycle changes. The team maintains a high level of contact both internally and with external clients.
The team is responsible for:
- Ensuring the launch process is managed in a timely manner and results in a seamless integration for the client
- Project management
- Initiating technology setups
- Demonstrating our products, technology and services to clients and service providers
- Providing in-depth training to clients and service providers
- Maintaining progress updates
- Tracking revenue opportunities
Based in Hong Kong, this high-performing team is currently seeking an Associate focusing primarily on Prime Brokerage with some Listed Derivatives mandates. This role has a high degree of visibility both internally and externally and presents a challenging opportunity to lead the launch of highly sophisticated businesses.
- Build and maintain a strong rapport with clients
- Act as the main point of contact during the launch phase when clients are preparing to become clients of Morgan Stanley
- Develop a sound relationship with prospective clients in order to optimize commercial opportunity and identify future business potential
- Develop a network within the business unit and with operations, technology and CRM teams. The relationship with the Sales and Trading team is particularly important as they generate a significant number of leads for new and organic business
- Closely work with the legal teams in ensuring documentation progresses and within the projected timeframe
- Educate and consult with client’s pre- and post-go live and help them to navigate the Regulatory Market Landscape
- Take ownership of any issues that may arise during the go live process, follow up with internal teams or external vendors, and present appropriate solutions to clients
- Work with the internal operations team to ensure all pre- and post-account setups are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Act as an escalation point for clients and respond with immediate and more long-term solutions
Product knowledge and a strong interest in financial markets is key. Comprehensive training will be provided together with a significant support network. Much of this training will be on the job, learning from experienced colleagues.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Graduate with previous experience in financial markets
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets is required
- Knowledge of Hedge Funds and other alternative investment products
- Awareness of various strategies and fund operations
- An analytical mind-set with excellent and proven problem-solving skills and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills together with an ability to multi-task under pressure
- Confidence and the ability to clearly articulate complex information often to senior client contacts
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills; Mandarin proficiency would be beneficial