IFRS17 Programme Management, Project Accountant - HSBC Insurance
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business the business serves this diverse client portfolio through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as IFRS17 Programme Management, Project Accountant
. Principal responsibilities
- Maintaining estimates, reconciling with actuals and tracking costs against budget for full life of programme
- Running cost deep dives including slicing and representing costs based on multiple dimensions
- Agreeing capitalization policy for IFRS17 project costs, maintaining both Profit and Loss and balance sheet views
- Reaching agreement with FIN and TAX on recharge and allocation methodology. Liaise with Group Finance to effect the actual Group recharges
- Managing total programme costs within agreed CIB approvals and rolling 5 year AOP submission and to manage current and rolling AOP data collection, analysis and submission at group and site level
- Establishing cost centres structures for 2019 across departments and ensuring programme manages to accurately plan costs
- Ensuring 2019 AOP lands correctly in all business entity and functional budgets
- Budgeting and monitoring both direct and indirect charges and managing consultancy invoicing, payment and accruals process.
- Support tracking of FTE approvals and monthly forecasting process, FTE onboarding and costs
- Streamline actuals reporting of FTE and Costs
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Extensive experience in budget preparation, including version control and tracking changes with explanation
- Extensive experience in recording, reconciling and reporting estimated costs against actuals and budget including obtaining, validating and drafting business explanation for variances
- Excellent skills with spreadsheets including ability to work with multiple files, creating pivots, writing macros, conditional formatting
- Experience of working on large cross geography programmes from a cost and FTE tracking and reporting perspective
- Solid stakeholder management skills with ability to communicate internally and externally
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and changing priorities
- Ability to document and implement clear cut robust processes with requisite controls
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of best practice within Business Analysis standards, tooling and process
- Excellent team player, able to lead others into action, and with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ideally has an HSBC experience
- Articulate in English
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.