IFRS 9 Senior Implementation Manager, Contract - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 17
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as IFRS 9 Senior Implementation Manager, Contract.
In this role, you will
- Lead the implementation of IFRS 9 project to meet the reporting requirements to Group and external disclosure.
- Support and ensure successful IFRS 9 Parallel Run and Dry Run.
- Provide SME input on the IFRS 9 End to End Process.
- Establish and implement IFRS 9 control framework following the Target Operating Model.
- Prepare analysis and associated impact on the movement upon changes to Group, Senior Management and Global Business.
- Provide support and guidance to HSBC sites on IFRS 9 implementation.
- Ensure smooth transition to go live and BAU process.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A qualified accountant with working experience in financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards requirements, in particular IFRS 9.
- Knowledge of credit risk management, accounting for financial instruments, or regulatory capital, such as Basel.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders of different seniority and geographical location.
- Experience of working in a virtual team within colleagues in multiple locations.
- Strong attention to detail and being solution oriented.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple manner.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to adapt to changing situations and to understand issues quickly.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009D21
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited