IT DevOps for Equity Derivatives Risk Pricing tool - Banking Operations Hong Kong
• Main responsibilities
- Support, develop or enhance risk and pricing applications for equity derivatives in Asia.
- Support EQD risk officers and Front Office users on their daily requests and ensure on-duty jobs whenever requested.
- Manage user requirements and identify priorities
- Communicate and report to IT peers and risk officers and trading teams • Location/Context
As part of the risk IT department the team is in charge of the development and support of pricing, risk analysis and P&L applications.
The team (6 people in Asia) works closely with the risk officers and the traders. • Principal assignment or reason for existence
The equity trading desk is managing vanilla and exotic equity derivatives products.
The main assignments for the engineers are to develop and support pricing and risk analysis applications for equity derivatives products. Profile Required Degree of autonomy
- must be pro-active on issues and new requirements
- must have very good inter-personal skills and demonstrate flawless communication.
- must be creative and innovative and propose better solutions whenever possible
- Open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems
- Foresee possible issues to avoid them in early development stages
- Aware of new technologies to share their benefits Key skills areas and knowledge required Operational skills:
- knowledge on Equity products is appreciated.
- Strong technical in Java, Kotlin or Spring Boot will be necessary. Behavioral skills:
- Strong analytical mind to develop well-structured and simple solutions and handle daily support
- Able to work under strong pressure
- Multitasking and flexible as required in a bumpy environment
- Curious and fast-learner to step up rapidly into the setup
- Good communication skills to support the users and interact with other IT peers Experience required
5+ years of experience.
Some experience in Banking environment would be a plus. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200006EX
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/06/2020
Date of publication: 04/03/2020