IT End User Computing Lead
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd
- 12 Nov 18
As the IT End User Computing (EUC) Lead at Schroders, you will ensure consistent, high quality delivery of IT services to business users and adhere to the firm’s policy and Service Management processes whilst doing so. You will report to the Hong Kong IT Country Manager and cover core business hours which requires flexibility and priority driven work approach as and when service escalations arise.
IT Service Provision
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of all IT End User Computing Services to business users in Hong Kong office (including desktop support, audio-visual, mobile device and data plan management)
- Supervise the provision of end user support provided by regional IT Service Desk/Desktop Support vendor (supervision of two desktop engineers), manage workload and coverage required to support the business.
- Secondary support to internal staff on IT enquiries and related issues
- Resolves customer escalation in a timely manner to avoid disruption and minimize business impact
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Responsible for handling day-to-day IT operations and follow the defined Service management processes
- Responsible for procurement of all desktop, laptop and end user peripheral devices and specific end user software (including market data service providers)
- Management of inventory of IT equipment using appropriate IT inventory management systems, ensure equipment and service agreements are kept under warranty/support and manage equipment refresh cycle
- Manage and maintain software installation procedures and manuals, anti-virus software
- Provide IT support on BCP and DR drill test, and out of hour support for testing of applications following IT maintenance weekends etc
- Responsible for maintaining budget for end user devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, accessories) and associated services (including data plans for mobile phones).
- Produces and analyses management reports to allocate work, identify recurring issues and work on remediation measures.
- Provides clear, concise and relevant communication to ensure clarity of objectives and outputs required
- Proactive engagement with HK IT Country Manager, APAC IT Service Manager, and ability to deliver VIP service to in-country VIP users (CEO APAC, CEO HK, COO HK) and visiting executives.
- Work closely with IT Country Manager (Hong Kong), APAC IT Service management team, and regional infrastructure teams on all matters relating to delivery of IT End User services in HK office
- Ensure information technology and management are in line with agreed strategy and in compliance with regulations and Group IT policies. Provide support on annual Global Internal Audit (GIA) on site review
- Manage the relationships with external vendors, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated and ongoing service is in line with agreed contracts.
- Understand and adhere to relevant Schroders Group policies and procedures
- Ensure controls in the relevant cost lines in order to meet budgetary requirements
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 6 years desktop support experience with minimum 2 years in supervisory or junior management position, preferable in banking/finance industry.
- Has technical knowledge and experience of ITIL processes, IMAC process, hardware, software, OS and application installation
- Experience of relevant end user business systems for asset management preferred, e.g. Bloomberg desktop tools (LaunchPad) and/or Thomson Reuters Eikon, UDTs, Excel Macros
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Mobile device management and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal, literacy, numeracy skills
- Customer oriented, good ability to build relationships with key customers, stay connected to be aware, attentive of and proactive in solving their end user computing needs
- Demonstrates “winning together values”; i.e.it is through the effective collaboration with the IT teams that we deliver higher overall levels of IT service to our users
- Good administrative experience, attention to detail and accuracy of hardware/software/peripherals inventory management
- Strong command of English both written and spoken.
- Enthusiastic and positive – “can do” attitude
- Driven by a desire to make changes and improvements
- Strong logical thinking and problem solving skills