IT Manager, Information Technology
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Responsible for life insurance systems development, implementation and production support
- Work closely with business, project manager, vendors, contractors, and project team members for delivering quality projects and services
- Manage project execution, communicate project progress and issues to project stakeholders, including analytical reports, presentations and other documentations as necessary throughout the project delivery process
- Develop best practices and tools to promote best practices in project implementation and oversee the management of development and testing environment
- Oversees project risks, identifies, determines and recommends risk mitigation solution on projects and implements as appropriate
- Ensure round-the-clock availability of the IT production systems
- IT staff recruitment, coaching and mentoring
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 10 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 4 years at a supervisory position, specialized in insurance system development
- Life insurance systems implementation experience with Microsoft .Net, JBOSS and MS SQL
- Proven track records in managing large scale insurance systems design and implementation
- DevOps and agile development experience
- Able to communicate well on both technical and business level, and effectively manage IT development teams, users and vendors
- Strong leadership and technical background
- Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging technological solutions
- Applicants with experience on workflow implementation, actuarial and finance applications implementation will be an advantage
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.