Information Security Risk Manager Global Banking and Markets and Commercial Banking - Global Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Information Security Risk Manager Global Banking and Markets and Commercial Banking.
In this role, you will
- Increasing the understanding of Information Risks within the Asia Pacific, Commercial Banking and Global Banking and Markets, by explaining these in plain or business terms and helping them to ensure that these are kept within their risk appetite by recommending mitigating actions.
- Maintaining oversight of Information Risks in the Asia Pacific, Commercial Banking and Global Banking and Markets, by reviewing Risk and Control Assessments, Management Self Identified Issues, Internal Audit findings, Business Risk and Control Manager reviews and any other Information Security Risk related Key Risk Indicators to establish risk themes and provide advice on remediation. Provide risk opinion and guidance to the Global Business, Global Function, HSBC Technology and Services, on dispensation requests.
- Manage and maintain close oversight on all Information Security Risk related incidents with a view to provide assurance that risks and impacts have been handled effectively
- Liaising and coordinating with relevant local, regional and global Heads.
- Building and deepening relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, including Global or Regional or Country Heads of Asia Pacific, Global Business, Global Function, Chief Information Officer, Chief Risk Officer or Chief Operating Officer.
- Representing Information Security Risk on key Risk Management Committees.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Have expert and extensive Information Security Risk and Operational Risk knowledge to face off appropriately to the different risk managers in the Group and also external parties. Understanding of the Risk characteristics of key products and channels
- Have significant gravitas that will be obvious to all parts of HSBC, which will enable face off to senior Security Risk managers, Asia Pacific, Commercial Banking and Global Banking and Markets stakeholders in order to win their confidence and help influence their decisions
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and be able to implement strategy and vision Experience in dealing with complex matters by adopting a pragmatic approach, identifying core requirements from both a security and a business perspective and translating them into simplified activities that address the problem.
- Experience in Information Security Risk management processes, ideally in financial services.
- Hold professional related security qualifications specified in the Enhanced Competency Framework on Cybersecurity for the banking sector in Hong Kong such as Certified Information Security Manager and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AJ4F
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited